Search Unity

Number of Servers hosted in a MasterServer and number of connections allowed?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by chusmaverde, Oct 6, 2013.

1. chusmaverde

chusmaverde

Basically that is my question. I have tried to find out the following:

- How many users can be connected per server (I've read in some cases you can't more than 32)?

- How many Servers can be hosted on the same MasterServer? IS there a limit or could i have my own MasterServer with 10.000 Servers running?

Thanks people!

2. appels

appels

We can't answer those questions, it depends on bandwidth, CPU and lots more of the physical server where the master server is running and the unity server hosts.
    If a users hosts a server game and he's on an old PC, it's possible that only 8 players can connect to him.
    Even if you host on your own PC you can't know since everyone will have a different setup.

3. chusmaverde

chusmaverde

Thanks for the reply Appels!

At least this tells me that the number of servers do not depend on the MasterServer itself. It lies within the PC used and the bandwith. And the same goes with the connected players to the server.

Even though the game I am developing is for 8 players maximun I am jus curious, ¿Could the Unity networking handle a MMO?

4. appels

appels

No

5. mrDave777

mrDave777

The Master Server is not designed to run your game on, it's really only for testing. You have to download the source code for the Unity Server, compile it and roll your own...