Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

No Collab Button in Unity 2018.3.0b12(beta)

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by wardeN_, Dec 3, 2018.

1. wardeN_

wardeN_

The File I have attached is a screenshot of my editor. There is no collab button at all
    Going to Window>Asset Management , Version Control is greyed out. I have tried restarting,re-installing , etc
    No other such threads like this were on the internet, so I am asking here

Attached Files:

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

In 2018.3, Collaborate is now installed and managed via the Package Manager. (Window > Package Manager)

The absence of the "Collab" button suggests that the Collaborate package is not installed. Please navigate to the Package Manager and install the Collaborate package.

Hope this helps!

3. wardeN_

wardeN_

Weird, there is no package manager window...

4. GameZaleCTO

GameZaleCTO

Same here. Can't access Collaborate and Package Manager because there's no corresponding menues

5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Can you please confirm that "Package Manager" is not present in the Window menu as shown here?

Attached Files:

6. GameZaleCTO

GameZaleCTO

Hi! Yes I do confirm your question
    pic 1.png pic 2.png
    And also I investigated some strange behaviour. When you try to download project from "Projects -> In the Cloud" tab (picture 2) editor window don't have "Collab" and "Package Managers" menus (picture 1)

BUT!!! if you create a new empty project, the editor do have "Collab" and "Package Managers" menus and you can link project from "Services" tab and donwload it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

8. GameZaleCTO

GameZaleCTO

Hi! No, there is no any errors in console, but I finally figured out when this things happens. I have a crappy internet connection (living in third world country is hard though) and when I try to download a project from cloud and it fails - collab and packager managers don't appears in editor. But when it downloading successfully (the dont appears during download either), collab and package manager menus appears instantly.