Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No clicks on iOS after switching to 'Input System (Preview)' in 'Active Input Handling' setting

Discussion in 'Input System' started by kakysha, Jan 26, 2019.

1. kakysha

kakysha

Basically, I converted all my game controls from CrossPlatformInput to new Input System and everything works fine both on desktop and iOS (keyboard, mouse, gamepads, touchscreen on iOS) while I have 'Both' input systems working.
    As soon as I disable old system, no buttons and no onscreen sticks and onscreen buttons work anymore.
    I suppose, that is caused because touches are not translated to clicks as of right now, and all buttons 'OnClick' handlers are not called anymore.
    Is there any quick way to completely switch to new Input System while having all 'OnClick' events working?

2. kakysha

kakysha

Ok, I found out that I need to use UIActionInput module instead of Standalone Input Module on EventSystem to work with new Input System. I mostly figured out all the bindings except for touchpad clicks.
    After some time poking into UIActionInput I finally made it work. I added 1 touch to 'touches' submenu, setting it's properties to <Touchscreen>/position and <Touchscreen>/phase. After this step my main menu is finally interactable on mobile.
    But my game on touchscreen devices relies on two 'OnScreenSticks' (move and look), I can only achieve to work one OnScreenStick at a time, supposedly because I have only 1 touch added. Adding 2nd touch with same configuration just messes all things around (one stick became stuck if both are touched and one released).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  3. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Sorry to leave you hanging there without docs or guidance.

We're looking into the problem with the on screen sticks.