Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

nGUI doesn't work with hud-less recording

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by ScaryRobotGames, May 7, 2015.

1. ScaryRobotGames

ScaryRobotGames

Is there a way to configure nGUI objects to get them to work with Everyplay's hud-less recording feature?

If you follow the hud-less directions and set objects (under a nGUI camera) to EveryplayHudCamera layer so it'll be excluded, nGUI reverts the layer setting back to UI during the build phase. If you set the nGUI UI Root object's layer (and its children's layers) to EveryplayHudCamera and set the nGUI camera's culling mask to EveryplayHudCamera then it's not excluded during the recording. If you set the nGUI camera's culling mask to UI then the objects are no longer visible in the scene. Suggestions?

2. pmjo

pmjo

Unity Technologies

I tried it with the latest Everyplay and the nGUI "Example X - Character" example scene which contains 2d and 3d cameras.

I was able to remove the 2d camera from the video by simply dragging and dropping "EveryplayHudCamera.cs" script on top of the "2D UI Camera". So just the script, not the prefab.

Then I recorded a video and yes, the 2d NGUI logo button was missing from the video even it was on screen. So yes, it is possible to get it working.

Try to add hudless to the example scene and then investigate how the layer order and cull masks are implemented and use same logic for your own project.

3. ScaryRobotGames

ScaryRobotGames

That works perfectly. Thanks!

4. sysper

sysper

I added "EveryplayHudCamera.cs" script on top of the "3D UI Camera" instead of "2D UI Camera".
    I changed the layer order and cull masks, but both UI cameras were removed from the video.

Any suggestions?