Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Questions Unity ADS

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Aristocracy, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Aristocracy

Aristocracy

Hello, i never implemented ADS in any game.. but my first game is almost ready to release.. so i have some questions...

1 - In the unity dashboard i put the reward video to be skippable after 5 seconds.
    If the user skip.. it generates revenue?

2- the videos are 30 seconds long...
    would be much better if the videos are 15 seconds.. can i change that?

3 - Best way to monetize for facebook? I know Unity ads only suports android and ios

thankss

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. Brathnann

Brathnann

1. no
    2. no
    3. Use Facebooks audience network I think will work, but never used it.

3. Shayke

Shayke

No revenue for 5 seconds ads at all?
    Seems weird...
    Now i consider remove them

4. Brathnann

Brathnann

There aren't many ad services that probably pay for a 5 second ad view, as they probably wouldn't get paid either. So it's not weird at all. If they don't get paid, they can't pay you.

There are many ad services out there though, so you might find something that works best for you.

5. Shayke

Shayke

Yea but even though you did not download a game for example, you have been exposed to it.

6. Brathnann

Brathnann

This isn't about downloading. This is about paying for an ad view. If I purchase a 30 second time slot and my ad plays for 5 seconds, did I get what I bought? I expect my ad to play the full 30 seconds.

7. Aristocracy

Aristocracy

yes it makes sense.. but i all the games i play you can skip the ad... and still get the reward...
    so the devs are not getting anything

when you skip the AD, they show some sort of "interstitial" AD.. full page...
    i thought that would reward us..

8. Brathnann

Brathnann

Not sure what games you are playing, but it's super rare to have an ad you can skip. I haven't seen that in any of the games I play on mobile.

Not to say it doesn't exist, but you have to realize every company is going to be a bit different. Some companies don't use an ad service and could sell ad space directly. Some companies also show ads for other games they have, thus they may allow skipping.

It's also possible skipped ads may pay on some services, but the amount is small, so unless you have 10000 skipped views, you'll not even see a penny.

The end result honestly? Unless your game is big, skipped ads may not pay much, if at all. But, you'll need to see what the ad company you go with does.