Search Unity

Newbie question about uzone

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by likeit, Sep 19, 2012.

1. likeit

likeit

Hi pro, I'm a newbie in unitypark.
    I'm using trial version of ulink, ulobby and uzone. I want to create a multiplayer game. In that, when user connect to ulobby, he can see the list of servers. If no available server, they can start a new server by sending a message RPC to lobby, and lobby will using uzone to start a server (this server is not in user's computer) . But I want this user will automatically join this server after it's created. So I have some questions:

- server that's created by uzone will be assigned a port automatically, will not?? Maybe I misunderstood in here. If not, what is the port-range in config file. Otherwise, How can I get this port to send to user, or any other way that client will automatically join to new server.

- Why the API in unity3d dev site is so different with reference that dll library show. For example: in site, they say that there is function called "gameServerPort" to get port (in uzone.InstanceManager.Server), but I even cannot see Server class in InstanceManager class.

2. zannghast

zannghast

Hi likeit, seeing as no one has replied to your inquiry, I'd like to try. Please note, however, that I myself am still grasping multiplayer networking concepts (moreso with MuchDifferen'ts UnityPark suite) and cannot guarantee that your questions will be answered. I am merely replying to you in hopes of starting a dialogue in which I myself might also gain more information :D

@on passing the host ip and port to the game client (in your case, the users...) I could not find anything from the API that could let uLobby client do this automatically for the associated LobbyPeers once a game server has been initialized by uZone, and info has been passed back to the uLobby server. What I think I'd like to try myself is store the information (i.e. host ip address and port) via some form of singleton for example (e.x. GameData?) and use that information to connect the game clients to the game server via normal uLink connection processes.

@API found in unity3d, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Did you mean you were having some trouble reconciling uLink API definitions with similar Unity Networking API definitions? If it helps, I'd just like to clarify that uLink and Unity3D are two different entities (by two different companies), and have, therefore, different knowledge sources.

3. VZPX

VZPX

Hey do you think you could send me the uZone files? I need them to start the .bat files for the uZone master server and stuff, it would be very helpful