Search Unity

New Project starts with a compiler issue but no scripting yet

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by DoItGame, Feb 15, 2020.

1. DoItGame

DoItGame

I just installed Unity engine, started a fresh project put some objects but no scripting yet, so I was about to test the game to see if my old laptop can handle the engine and I got an error saying that "All Compiler Errors Have To Be Fixed Before You Can Enter Playmode!" I haven't put any scripting yet.. this is a fresh project.. I checked the console log to see what the error is but it only shows me the current time of when I clicked the playtest, no line errors at all which obviously wouldn't show a line 'cause I haven't done any scripting yet.. I don't know what's going on.. anyone can help me?

Attached Files:

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Katonoke likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

It looks like it might be this issue:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/four-blank-errors-in-each-new-project.599980/

Also, compile errors in a new "fresh" project can come from included Unity packages, for example if they are outdated packages for older Unity versions. You'd resolve those in the package manager (though the errors usually include information which points to a specific package in that case).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. DoItGame

DoItGame

Your replies lead to one thread. But thanks a lot guys! Found the fix in the thread by installing a specific update called Windows6.1-KB2533623-x64.msu..