Search Unity

Official New FBX Exporter in 2017.2

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by ans_unity, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Hey! Don't worry, your english is more than okay!

First off I would recommend using the package manager version of the exporter instead of the version you can get from the asset store (which is a little outdated). You can find some more info and the most recent version of the package here. That might actually fix a couple of issues - until then I'm unsure if I'd be able to diagnose your issue correctly.

Where are the textures stored for the game object your tried to export in your own project? Depending on that and on what material was applied to your exported gameobject, you might get strange results. Since Unity materials are pretty different from the ones you can find in Max and Maya, including materials and textures in the exported fbx files isn't perfect as of now.

Ideally I would recommend updating to the package manager version of the plugin and trying again! If that fails also, we can look at it again.

We'll get to the bottom of this!

Alexis

castana1962 likes this.
  2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

@ans_unity HI, I found that latest FBXExporter (2.0.1.preview5) generates annoying warning in editor (Unity 2019.1.0b5).

3. DMinsky

DMinsky

Hello, I'm not sure if is that correct thread to ask but.

I'm looking for a way to export UV offset animations from 3ds max to Unity. Current native 3ds max fbx export doesn't support that. Is there a chance that Unity FBXExporter will do that in near future?

Under uv offset animation I mean these properties from material editor in 3ds max mapped to mainTextureOffset property in Unity.

4. castana1962

castana1962

Hi Alexis
    First of all, I appreciate a lot your kind help....
    On the other hand, I installed the Fbx Exporter 2.0.1- preview.2 from the Package Manager but I cannot fix the problem yet
    I am using Unity 2018.2.16f1 since I am working with the The Hunt unitypackage from the Asset Store (more info here https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/environments/sci-fi/the-hunt-cyberpunk-pack-129891). Since that this one use Substance designer materials, I had to install the Substance in Unity plugin (more info here https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/substance-in-unity-110555), for it, Could you help me again?
    Thanks a lot
    Alejandro

5. Jaimi

Jaimi

Can't install the latest package (preview 5) - gives an error that com.timeline.unity is not found. This is in 2018.3.
    If I install preview 2 instead, the error goes away. However, I also get this error when exporting:

EntryPointNotFoundException: CSharp_AutodeskfFbx_FBXSDK_PROPERTY_ID_NULL_get___
    Autodesk.Fbx.Globals..cctor () (at Library/PackageCache/com.autodesk.fbx@2.0.0-preview.4/Runtime/Scripts/Globals.cs:813)
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Autodesk.Fbx.Globals
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.ModelExporter.ExportObjects (System.String filePath, UnityEngine.Object[] objects, IExportOptions exportOptions, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 exportData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.2/Editor/FbxExporter.cs:4156)
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.ExportModelEditorWindow.Export () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.2/Editor/ExportModelEditorWindow.cs:610)
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.ExportOptionsEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.2/Editor/ExportModelEditorWindow.cs:412)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

6. IEdge

IEdge

Hey! With a little work I could solve it, thanks anyway! ;)

7. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Hello,
    I am getting the following error when I use Unity import in maya 2017:
    // Error: file: [myprojectpath]/Assets/ExportedAssets/Integrations/Autodesk/maya/scripts/unityCommands.mel line 241: Invalid flag '-importFrameRate'

8. ZYSHAQ

ZYSHAQ

Also, my exported object does not import with materials. :(

9. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Thank you for pointing this out! It is really pesky - we've logged the issue and we'll address it!

10. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

I'm afraid we won't support that as it's not something that the FBX format handles! It depends on your final usecase, but you might want to look into Alembic animations or animating your UVs through a shader inside of the editor itself!

Hopefully one of these options will find itself useful to you !

Alexis

11. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Aha! That explains it.

As of now I'm afraid we can't offer interaction support for third party plugins - for now I don't think you'll be able to import or export substance materials out of Unity.

While it might not be a perfect fix, I would recommend trying out the Substance for 3ds Max plugin and seeing if you can recreate the Unity substance material inside of 3ds max.

Alexis

castana1962 likes this.
  12. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Awesome! Good job.

IEdge likes this.
  13. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Hi!

Which version of Unity and of the exporter are you using? With that I might be able to help you a little more as we've been fixing quite a lot of finicky bugs over all our releases.

As for the less-than-perfect material export, it's unfortunately expected. If you're trying to export something with the Unity standard material you will get some basic maps exported (eg. the main texture) but since not all DCC suites render materials the same it's hard for us to handle/export more than that. You however might want to look into Stingray PBS materials as we do support them.

Hope that helps a little!

Alexis

14. castana1962

castana1962

Hi Alexis
    Thanks for your advice and your help !!!
    Best Regards
    Alejandro

amorinImgSpc likes this.
  15. arhiDavid

arhiDavid

Good day,

I'm having an issue on install right after step
    "4. Install the FBX Exporter from the Package Manager (by adding the code above to your project's Packages/manifest.json)"

I'm getting an error
    error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IConstraint' could not be found. Are you missing `NUnit.Framework.Constraints' using directive?

I assume I'm missing something essential installed on my system?

Unity version 2017.3.0f3

Thank you in advance!

16. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Hi!

Unfortunately as we support more and more bits of the FBX format in the pipeline (eg. FBX constraints being added to Unity in 2018.1) the package becomes less and less compatible with older versions of the editor. If you haven't done it yet, you might like to try the Asset Store version of the package as it still supports 2017.3!

Hope that helps a little bit;

Alexis

17. arhiDavid

arhiDavid

Oh! Silly me! Should have figured out myself that i'm using an outdated version of Unity! :)
    Thank you very much for reply - will try with latest version soon!

amorinImgSpc likes this.
  18. nikrogers

nikrogers

The reply above is not for me Im sure but I couldnt get thru any other way , a reply would be great .As Im using 2018 3.7 f1 what version of fbx exporter do i need I just downloaded it and it worked twice then stopped

19. nikrogers

nikrogers

So far nobody has said why my fbx exporter is not in the file tab , so , is it because its not working or is it that I have to do something to my scene to make it accessible to the exporter , just selecting all does not do it .Yes it did used to work as this way but now it does not . Any info thanks nik

20. pyroakm

pyroakm

Hi.

We've got some problems with FBX Exporter 2.0.1 preview 5 (we're using Unity 2018.3.9f).
    We're trying to export an animated skin mesh.
    Export from Timeline don't work anymore since 2018.3, some scripts errors appear in console (Export Selected Timeline Clip).
    However, we can export using 'Export to FBX' with animation set in animator component, but blendshapes are not exported. Are blendshapes export is supposed to work with 2.0.1 preview 5?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  21. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Hi!

Yes, normally you'd be able to! This is all quite strange. We've logged bugs and will be looking into these two issues. Thank you for pointing them out to us!

Alexis

22. pyroakm

pyroakm

Thank you Alexis.
    If that can help, I have prepared a small project where the problems appear:
    http://dl.free.fr/tscn0fiMe

amorinImgSpc likes this.
  23. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi everyone,

I'm working with 3dsmax 2017, unfortunately it become a pain to use this piece of software because they arne't able to fix bugs concurring over years. Eg simple Group any objects cause to flip some objects to different position and rotations. Reset Pivots cause the same ugly stuff. So I went from 3dsmax 2017, sp1, sp2, sp3 over 2018,sp1 to 2019.

It's absolutely necessary to use the great FBX exporter from Unity. My question is, does FBX Unity exporter is restricted to any 3dsmax release version?

Thank you!

amorinImgSpc likes this.
  24. shedworksdigital

shedworksdigital

Hey! I'm having a problem with the Probuilder > FBX Exporter workflow. I recently updated Probuilder to 4.0.4 and in doing so, whenever I export a mesh to Maya LT 2019, it now seems to end up triangulated and in a state where I can't add edge loops in a straight forward fashion.

I've tried multiple versions of Probuilder, even reverting the version back to the asset store version, and also tried updating to multiple versions of the FBX Exporter and neither have solved my problem.

Here is my process:

1. Create a probuilder mesh
    2. Run the FBX export tool on the mesh
    3. Import the mesh using the Unity Maya LT importer
    4. The mesh is now triangulated whereas before it was made of quads. I can still open old meshes that I made when I hadn't updated probuilder 2.9.8 and they still work fine. One thing I've noticed is that objects stay editable using probuilder which they didn't used to.

Any thoughts?

25. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Hi!

Fortunately for you, we support all version of 3ds Max from 2017 and up.

Enjoy!

Alexis

Quatum1000 likes this.
  26. amorinImgSpc

amorinImgSpc

Hi!

Probuilder has a connection to the FBX exporter which may have broken in later versions of either Probuilder or the exporter. I just logged a bug and we'll be looking into it - Could you tell me which exporter version you were using when this happened, and if you got any errors in the console on export?

Hopefully we can untangle this triangulation;

Alexis

27. gabrielw_unity

gabrielw_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi! If it helps, I've tested here and it's working fine when exporting a simple cube, quads are kept when importing to Maya 2018 and Max 2019. @shedworksdigital are you able to share the FBX file? Thanks!

28. pyroakm

pyroakm

Hi.

I've tested 2.0.1-preview.11 and problems are still present in this version.

29. shedworksdigital

shedworksdigital

When this first happened I was using quite an old version of the exporter, 1.2.0b1. I tried the latest version on the asset store and then used the latest version on the package manager and upgrading didn't seem to fix either. Here is an example of how the fbx comes out for me - let me know if it seems like a normal fbx for you, in which case this may just be a Maya LT issue..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x8sobdeyfNlyCIQ9KpjoRVJ8wZdLBNag

I've tried exporting just a regular cube made in Unity and I still get the same issue.
    Also @gabrielw_unity in case you find anything

30. shedworksdigital

shedworksdigital

Quick update - I have managed to get quadrangulation working in Maya (it took some fiddling with settings) This makes probuilder and fbx exporter usable for me again but long term, ideally I'd like to try and resolve this issue.

31. Deleted User

Deleted User

just installed 2.01 into unity 2019.1 fbx. then installed maya2017 integration.

From maya choosing Unity/import and selecting a previously generated fbx only shows the following error in Mayas console:

// Error: file: /Users/etc//Integrations/Autodesk/maya/scripts/unityCommands.mel line 403: Invalid flag '-importTimeRange' //

This is on Mac with Mojave

32. nobluff67

nobluff67

Can anyone please help?

I can not find Fbx Exporter in the Package Manager. I am using Unity 2019.1.0f2. Is it under another name maybe?

33. Deleted User

Deleted User

1. you need to be online
    2. enable "show preview packages" under the advanced tab.
    3. might take a while until all the preview packages list up.

if everything is good you find it in the now rather long list of previews on the left.

vkovec and nobluff67 like this.
  34. nobluff67

nobluff67

Thank You, nice and clear, you should be in charge of the manual.

35. mikelortega

mikelortega

Hello,
    Do you plan to suppot IL2CPP in future versions?
    I found a workaround here, but I was wondering if you plan to make it work out of the box.
    Thank you.

36. idialab

idialab

Hi,

We're trying to export a GameObject hierarchy from Unity to .fbx. So far, we have been able to recreate the node structure and import into Maya, but I'm stumped on how to add mesh information. I've looked through the FBX SDK docs, but it hasn't helped.

For FBXMesh, there is a GetPolygonVertex, but no SetPolygoxVertex. I've tried using AddPolygon to add each of the triangle vertices, but it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone give me a little direction?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  37. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi Team,

1) I'm working with 3dsmax2017. I would love to have the ability to simply "export selected objects as fbx" from the unity drop down menu inside of 3dsmax. The daily creation process becomes a pain to add every object to selection list and then export to unity. Select and export would be really recommended if possible.

2) After imported a fbx in unity, and for additional lightmaps it's required to copy UV2 to UV4 with some changes inside of unity. But when restarting the unity editor all changes are gone in newly created UV4. The complete UVs of a fbx are not persistent in the unity editor when making changes in unity. That's really ugly.

Is there any chance to make mesh changes (UVs , vertices, colors, etc) persistent by api assetdatabase or an fbx exporter api eg. FBXExporter.SaveBackMeshToFBX(mesh) into the original imported fbx, so that is persistent after unity restart?

Further new procedual generated meshes in unity saving with perhaps:

var ImportSettings = new FBXImporterSettings();
    ImportSettings.options_xxx == value;
    FBXExporter.SaveMeshToFBX(path, mesh, ImportSettings);

How to make changes in the UVs persistent?

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  38. thomes

thomes

hello there,
    i have also a problem with the import of fbx into max.
    i copied the files manually to the 3dsmax 2019 startup scripts folder.
    if i click " install unity integration" (in unity 2018.2.10f1 personal) and give in the path, then 3dsmax is opening and hangs.
    if i kill the process another max opens and brings up an error of MAXscript auto-load script error (configureunityfbxfor max.ms) that is called --unable to convert:undefined to type:string

also i do not get the fbx export options dialog shown in unity...

any idea?

Error displaying dialog: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet.

UnityEditor.EditorUtility:DisplayDialog(String, String, String)
    FbxExporters.Editor.IntegrationsUI:ShowSuccessDialog(String, Int32)
    FbxExporters.Editor.IntegrationsUI:InstallDCCIntegration()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallDelayFunctions()

3ds Max installation error (exit code: -805306369): Failed to locate log configuration file WebServices.logconfig in the following search paths:
    C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Autodesk AdSSO/SSOClient/Current
    C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2019
    Failed to locate log configuration file WebServices.logconfig in the following search paths:
    Launching SSO process with command line: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Autodesk AdSSO/AdSSO.exe --process_name Autodesk.SSO.DefaultProcess-v2 --server_name Autodesk.SSO.DefaultServer-v2
    Failed to locate log configuration file WebServices.logconfig in the following search paths:
    the execution of: "C:\Program Files\PresenZ\PresenZ For Vray 4.0 3ds Max 2019\\updater.exe /justcheck"
    returns: 0
    00:00:00 890MB | log started Fri Jun 7 14:04:05 2019
    00:00:00 890MB | Arnold 5.2.1.0 [7c7c9701] windows icc-17.0.2 oiio-1.7.17 osl-1.9.9 vdb-4.0.0 clm-1.0.3.513 rlm-12.4.2 2018/10/19 21:35:58
    00:00:00 890MB | running on HINKELSTEIN, pid=8044
    00:00:00 890MB | 1 x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (6 cores, 12 logical) with 65436MB
    00:00:00 890MB | Nvidia driver version 419,00
    00:00:00 890MB | GPU 0: GeForce GTX 980 Ti @ 1240MHz (compute 5.2) with 6144MB (4039MB available)
    00:00:00 890MB | Windows 8 Enterprise Edition (version 6.2, build 9200)
    00:00:00 890MB | soft limit for open files raised from 2048 to 2048
    00:00:00 890MB |
    00:00:00 890MB | loading plugins from c:\programdata\autodesk\applicationplugins\maxtoa ...
    00:00:00 892MB | loaded 14 plugins from 4 lib(s) in 0:00.03

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    FbxExporters.Editor.MaxIntegration:InstallMaxPlugin(String)
    FbxExporters.Editor.MaxIntegration:InstallIntegration(String)

Ran max: [C:/Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max 2019/3dsmax.exe]
    With args [-q -silent -mxs "global UnityPluginScript_Source = @\"F:/IMS18_VR01_Weisser-AR/10_unity/04_projekt/New Unity Project/max_integration/Integrations/Autodesk/max/scripts/UnityFbxForMaxPlugin.ms\";global UnityPluginScript_Name = @\"UnityFbxForMaxPlugin.ms\";global UnityProject = @\"F:/IMS18_VR01_Weisser-AR/10_unity/04_projekt/New Unity Project\";global UnityFbxExportSettings = @\"F:/IMS18_VR01_Weisser-AR/10_unity/04_projekt/New Unity Project/max_integration/Integrations/Autodesk/max/scripts/unityFbxExportSettings.ms\";global UnityFbxImportSettings = @\"F:/IMS18_VR01_Weisser-AR/10_unity/04_projekt/New Unity Project/max_integration/Integrations/Autodesk/max/scripts/unityFbxImportSettings.ms\";filein \"F:/IMS18_VR01_Weisser-AR/10_unity/04_projekt/New Unity Project/max_integration/Integrations/Autodesk/max/scripts/configureUnityFbxForMax.ms\""]
    Result -805306369
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    FbxExporters.Editor.MaxIntegration:InstallMaxPlugin(String)
    FbxExporters.Editor.MaxIntegration:InstallIntegration(String)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  39. shimmery1210

shimmery1210

Hi, I followed the exact instruction to export timeline clip to FBX (first select the clip in Timeline and then GameObjects -> Export Selected Timeline Clip), but ended up with an error:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.AnimationOnlyExportData.GetPropertyReflection (System.Object obj, System.String propertyName) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.11/Editor/IExportData.cs:134)
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.AnimationOnlyExportData.GetGameObjectBoundToEditorClip (System.Object editorClip) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.11/Editor/IExportData.cs:155)
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.AnimationOnlyExportData.GetFileName (UnityEngine.Object obj) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.11/Editor/IExportData.cs:226)
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.ModelExporter.ExportSingleTimelineClip (UnityEngine.Object editorClipSelected) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.11/Editor/FbxExporter.cs:3629)
    UnityEditor.Formats.Fbx.Exporter.ModelExporter.OnClipContextClick (UnityEditor.MenuCommand command) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.formats.fbx@2.0.1-preview.11/Editor/FbxExporter.cs:3596)"

Is that a bug for the current version? Thanks.

40. vkovec

vkovec

Unity Developer - FBX Exporter

Hi @pyroakm,

The Export Selected Timeline Clip errors should be fixed in the next release.

As for blendshapes, blendshape export is supported, however blendshape animation export is not currently supported.
    Can you please send the prefab/fbx causing the blendshape issues and/or steps to recreate the issue?

Thank you,
    Viktoria

41. vkovec

vkovec

Hi @shedworksdigital,

Glad to here you were able to find a workaround.
    We have fixed the ProBuilder/FBX exporter connection and it will again be possible to export ProBuilder meshes as quads in upcoming releases of ProBuilder and FBX exporter.

Best,
    Viktoria

42. vkovec

vkovec

Hi @SE_BERLIN ,

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention. The issue is that "-importTimeRange" command is not present in Maya 2017. I've logged a bug to fix this.

Until we fix the issue, there are a couple of workarounds:
    1. Open the file: "/Users/etc//Integrations/Autodesk/maya/scripts/unityCommands.mel", and remove the following from line 403:
    Code (csharp):
    2. -importTimeRange "override"
    2. Upgrade to Maya 2018+

Let me know if there are any other issues.

Best,
    Viktoria

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  43. vkovec

vkovec

Hi @mikelo,

Yes IL2CPP support will be added in the next release.

Best,
    Viktoria

mikelortega likes this.
  44. vkovec

vkovec

Hi @idialab,

In order to better assist you, can you please tell me a little more about your custom exporter? What would you like to achieve that is not possible with the current FBX exporter package?

For exporting a mesh, I recommend taking a look at the source code of the FBX exporter package if you haven't already. The FBX exporter installed from the Package Manager (Unity 2018.2+) has the source code available.

More specifically, the function
    Code (csharp):
    1. bool ExportMesh (MeshInfo meshInfo, FbxNode fbxNode)
    which is in the file: Packages/com.unity.formats.fbx/Editor/FbxExporter.cs.

Before creating the polygons you will first need to make sure the control points/vertices are set. You can do this with the following commands:

Code (csharp):
    2. FbxMesh::InitControlPoints
    3. FbxMesh::SetControlPointAt
    Also, before calling AddPolygon, you will need to call FbxMesh::BeginPolygon. Then when you are done modifying the polygons, you need to call FbxMesh::EndPolygon.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Viktoria

45. markvi

markvi

Hi folks,

I'm happy to announce that FBX Exporter v2.0.2-preview.1 is now available in the Package Manager:

NEW FEATURES
    • It is no longer necessary to manually create Prefab Variants for FBX files.
    • Added Convert to FBX Linked Prefab menu item for creating FBX Linked Prefabs. FBX Linked Prefabs are Prefab Variants of the exported FBX's Model Prefab.
    • Updated the documentation.
    FIXES
    • Fixed error when exporting selected Timeline Clip

This also includes a new release of the FBX SDK v2.0.1-preview.1:

NEW FEATURES
    • Added IL2CPP build support for bindings

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Using the FbxExporter::SetProgressCallback function with IL2CPP will give Runtime errors

To install, open Package Manager and make sure "Show preview packages" in the Advanced drop-down is toggled on. You should see FBX Exporter in the list of packages. Click it, then click the install button at the bottom right of the window.

asa989, Quatum1000 and Puckerfactor like this.
  46. vkovec

vkovec

Hi @Quatum1000,

1) Thank you for the suggestion, I have logged it.

2) I talked with the FBX importer team and they suggested the best way to copy/maintain the UV information would be to make the modifications in the AssetPostProcessor.

In order to change Mesh information, it would be best to get the meshes in
    Code (csharp):
    1. OnPostprocessModel(GameObject root);
    and do any UVs changes from there.

Best,
    Viktoria

Quatum1000 likes this.
  47. vkovec

vkovec

Hi thomes,

Currently the integration needs to open Max twice in order to finish installation.
    This may make it seem like Unity/3dsMax is hanging. However if it is taking more than ~5 minutes there are probably other issues.

Thank you for adding the error log, I will log this bug and we will try to recreate the issue.

As for the FBX export options dialog not showing in Unity, is there a specific situation in which it doesn't work or steps to reproduce?

Thank you,
    Viktoria

48. fherbst

fherbst

Any information on when/if LWRP and HDRP will be supported? Currently (on HDRP 5.16.1 in Unity 2019.1), it seems textures/colors are completely ignored when exporting with FBX Exporter.

49. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Thank you!

50. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

A)
    A prefab contains an empty GameObject and it's used as a container for LOD. The cube in front is Grey and not blue. "eg. High LOD"

Untitled-1.jpg

PrefabUtility.GetPrefabAssetType("HighLod") return this as Regular. I thinks is wrong state generally and this have some good reasons.

HighLOD is a part of a prefab = true,
    and the other states are correct as well.
    But is not a prefab by it self, it's a simple empty game object that has no prefab state in the inspector. PrefabUtility.GetPrefabAssetType should be definitely = None, because its not possible to open is in any prefab editor.

Or, you should add an additional method .IsAnEditablePrefab should return false.

B) Another useful thing would be to have {Prefab Attribute Inspector] in the drop down menu, because of all these complex states of prefabs is confusing. And keep in mind that not the blue selection is the current choice! Its the darker black selection line comes up on right mouse click.

Untitled-2.jpg

c) A documentation of prefab states with small examples would be great.
    I don't understand : IsPartOfNonAssetPrefabInstance and
    IsPartOfModelPrefab: :)

I'm not sure where to post this, but perhaps you can send it to the correct feature management group if you'll find it useful.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.