Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question New Editor design system - what do you think?

Discussion in 'Editor Workflows' started by LostDog-FoundCat, Oct 27, 2022.

1. LostDog-FoundCat

LostDog-FoundCat

Unity Technologies

If you make Editor tools for your team or work on Editor UI in some way, the new Editor Foundations Design System is for you! The Unity UX-Foundations team just launched this free design system packed full of helpful guidance, best practices and other resources to help users build better Editor UI.
    Please give the EFDS a try and let us know what you think by hitting the “Feedback” button on the EFDS site. And please spread the word as we’d love the EFDS to benefit as many users as possible. Thanks lots!!

EFDS-give-feedback.png

2. Hertzole

Hertzole

I absolutely love this! As a tool dev, this is insanely valuable to me! No more sitting and dissecting the editor with the UI toolkit debugger! :D
    I'm really looking forward to some sort of icon library. That has always been the hardest part of making editors. I hope it will show us what you actually need to put in the code to actually fetch the icons.

3. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Simply amazing.