Search Unity

NetworkLobby and Matchmaker problems

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by mm_ASH, Jun 28, 2015.

1. mm_ASH

mm_ASH

Hello, colleagues!
    This is mostly "bugreporting + asking for workarounds" topic.

1. Did someone tested usage of Awake method for inherited from NetworkLobbyManager classes?
    Seems when I use it is overloading something inside NetworkLobbyManager initialization and it behaves strange - whole gameobject dies during "awakening" and all logic crashes.

2. How to use Game Player Prefab in lobby? I`ve added NetworkIdentity and NetworkBehaviour to this prefab. And seems it get contructors called but thats all - nothing happens - no gameobject, no Awake methods call for scripts on that prefab. How to solve that?

3. Using SendReadyToBeginMessage method of NetworkLobbyPlayer we can mark it as ready. Is that possible to unmark it to not ready? At least OnClientReady(bool readyState) has parameter, what gives me hope that it is possible :)

4. Matchmaker.. how to correctly stop match I`ve created so it will not be present in the list of all matches during next 30 seconds? This is kind of stupid to have such "dead rooms" with no message routing inside.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. mm_ASH

mm_ASH

Anyone?

3. Stratos-Mak

Stratos-Mak

I'm having the exact same questions. I would love an answer to all these! Bump!

4. Stratos-Mak

Stratos-Mak

I also got the problem that there are no player game objects spawn after the game starts... it is very irritating and a waste of time searching for an alternative...

5. mm_ASH

mm_ASH

6. Kristonitas

Kristonitas

4- There are some more discussions about this in IRC and another forum topic, but a lot of us have this problem.
    And there is a method ClientScene.AddPlayer(int clientNumOrSomething), that creates a player prefab.
    When I started to create and join matches manually, I needed to instantiate the player prefabs manually, just calling clientReady or some similar sounding method wouldn't do it.

7. mm_ASH

mm_ASH

Thanks for help!

8. Stratos-Mak

Stratos-Mak

Yeap, I spawn the players manually too.