Search Unity

Networking demo components

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Sanity11, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Sanity11

Sanity11

Hi Everybody. I am trying to get some networking to work. To do that I have taken some of the scripts and structure from the networking Demo. That means there is a loader scene that connects to the master server. You can create a server yourself or you can join a game if there is one.

I have made the same setup with the same code. I can create the server and start my own game (That is a scene in the project). My own game has no networking code, I have just taken the chatbox with the code from the demo to see if I can get that to work.

At this point I can create a server and start the game and also open the chatbox. When I have another instance of the game running it finds the game that is created. But when I press join the game doesn't start. When I do this from the editor a line in the console says. Received pong from .... But no starting. How come? Is there some code needed in the game scene to start? Or is something else going on?

2. Sanity11

Sanity11

Ok, the Networking demo is receiving a identifier from the master server. My game isn't. Is that because I am using the default master server?

3. Sanity11

Sanity11

Maybe this image provides a little better info?