Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug My project disappeared from the Hub when trying to rename it in the File Explorer.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by ThatMilkyGamer, Oct 22, 2022.

1. ThatMilkyGamer

ThatMilkyGamer

The name says it all, wondering if there is a fix.
    Also, when trying to open scenes from the file explorer it loads up the Editor screen then opens the Unity Hub.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

1. Not a bug. You changed the name of your project, it disappeared from the list in the Hub; this is normal behaviour. Just add it, using the "Open" button.
    2. Normal behaviour too. To open projects, start the hub and then open the project from the Hub.

3. ThatMilkyGamer

ThatMilkyGamer

Yeah, figured out I was just being a massive idiot on the same day and did just this, very cool.

Deleted User likes this.
  4. AsharDaSmashar

AsharDaSmashar

When I click "open" I have to options: "add project from disk" and "open remote project". If I click "add project from disk" nothing happens. If I click "open remote project" I get an "add remote projects" screen with no projects. There is a "refresh projects" button, but even when I click it there are no projects. What should I do? (My project disappeared when I went into to finder and renamed the folder. (I am on a MacBook Pro and I am trying this on the unity hub.))