Search Unity

My Assets error (Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code)

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by ngalindoc, Jun 5, 2020.

1. ngalindoc

ngalindoc

Hi everyone, I've been searching around for a possible solution to this for some time and I still haven't found anything to help.

I downloaded Unity Hub and Unity 2020.1.0b7 on my machine (Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS) and everything was okay until I tried to open 'My Assets' inside the Package Manager. Inside the Package Manager, I get the error "Error refreshing packages, see console". The console output is:

[PackageManager] Error System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:338)

I have no proxy set and 'env | grep -i proxy' outputs nothing as I have no proxy. I'm not using a firewall or antivirus as this is a new install of Ubuntu. Everything is also up to date on Ubuntu. I'll add my log file at the end.

I would really appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. ggamerz61

ggamerz61

Have you fix your problem yet? cause I got the same problem

3. manuelcast

manuelcast

I also have the same problem and I am a Unity Pro paid subscriber and no one has helped me with this despite me trying to get some sort of communication with Unity I don't seem to find anyone live person to even speak to. Very difficult to get help!

Rox14, quieye and demented_hedgehog like this.
  4. shmeeb

shmeeb

Is this a recent issue? I've just found it happening to me too

demented_hedgehog likes this.
  5. manuelcast

manuelcast

It works with units 2017 but not with newer version and then you get errors with the newer asset packages if you try to use the assets in the Unity 2017 version. They have so much stuff and info but it is impossible to navigate through all the literature that they have. It works on a PC fine but the Mac does not work in the newer versions. Must be a Unity bug on the Mac version.

6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Jessamin likes this.
  7. mdrunk

mdrunk

I'm on pc, v2019.4, and am getting this same error, but on top of that, I can't sign into unity hub, either. are the servers down? InkedInkedScreenshot 2020-07-30 13.37.51_LI.jpg

dprotoss and kimhueonseo like this.
  8. thisisimpossible

thisisimpossible

I have this problem too. I´m running opensuse leap 42.3.

I haven´t been able to resolve this using the other post you provided a link for.

I have provided my editor.log and upm.log files in a zip.

Thanks for taking a look

Attached Files:

• logs.zip
      File size:
      13.4 KB
      Views:
  9. ramy660066

ramy660066

close unity
    sign out your account from unity Hub
    then sign in ur account again
    open unity
    i hope it will help because its working with me

10. altepTest

altepTest

for some reason unity package manager changed to "My Assets" instead of "All Assets" or "In Project". This is why one gets this error. Switch the menu option back to those two other options instead of "My Assets" and the package manager will connect correctly

11. cesarizu

cesarizu

For me, on OpenSUSE thumbleweed, what made it work was to install some missing `ca-certificates` packages, I have these installed now:

ca-certificates-steamtricks
    ca-certificates-cacert
    ca-certificates-mozilla
    ca-certificates

seven_cats and jogainv like this.
  12. seven_cats

seven_cats

great tip. had two of them missing. installed them via yast: now uniyt asst import working as intended

13. Waz

Waz

Didn't even need to close unity. Just signed out in hub, back in, and the running Unity instance picked up the connection.

14. KillianSway

KillianSway

Can you guys please explain how did you get there? I've literally tried everything else and nothing is working for me, still unable to load "My Assets".

demented_hedgehog likes this.
  15. KillianSway

KillianSway

How do you change this??? Would really appreciate the feedback :)

16. KillianSway

KillianSway

Never mind guys I did a Fresh Start on my PC cause I was suspecting it had something to do with the prefab McAfee that came installed with my laptop and now it's connecting as it god-d*** should. Thanks anyways!

17. altepTest

altepTest

is in the package manager a small drop down menu to chose between the assets you own, those that are in the project or those available from unity

18. cbfunky

cbfunky

I can confirm that this worked for me: change to In Project, then change back to My Assets and it works.

The close unity, sign out, sign in solution did not work for me.

19. Stormakt

Stormakt

I had the same problem, I realize now it was caused because I had reset my password in the Unity Asset Store, which no longer matched the logged in password I had in unity hub. Signing out and and signing back in worked for me.

20. Skully787

Skully787

still having this issue. i have done everything

21. Stardog

Stardog

Just had this. Make sure Unity Hub is loaded. I had closed it from the app tray.

mdrunk likes this.
  22. Sengarden

Sengarden

So... This might seem obvious to anyone who's used Unity for over a week, haha, but I realized after a couple hours of troubleshooting that I was still in play mode while trying to load in my assets :rolleyes: Exited play mode and the package manager immediately refreshed with my asset pack.

Irinaban likes this.
  23. zarth1

zarth1

[PackageManager] Error System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:310)

None of the above solutions work for me, running ubuntu 20.04 LTS

These are from the ~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log file

UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, LogOption, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.PackageManagerWindow:OnRefreshOperationError(Error) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/UI/PackageManagerWindow.cs:237)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.PackageDatabaseInternal:OnAssetStoreOperationError(Error) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/Packages/PackageDatabase.cs:361)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStore.<>c__DisplayClass41_0:<List>b__1(ProductList) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/AssetStore/AssetStoreClient.cs:116)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStore.<>c__DisplayClass17_0:<GetProductIDList>b__2(String) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/AssetStore/AssetStoreRestAPI.cs:119)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStore.<>c__DisplayClass25_0:<HandleHttpRequestInternal>b__0(UserInfo) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/AssetStore/AssetStoreRestAPI.cs:390)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStore.AssetStoreOAuthInternal:OnDoneFetchUserInfo() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/AssetStore/AssetStoreOAuth.cs:168)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.AssetStore.AssetStoreOAuthInternal:<GetAuthCode>b__20_0(AuthCodeResponse) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/AssetStore/AssetStoreOAuth.cs:200)
    UnityEditor.Connect.<>c__DisplayClass7_0:<GetAuthorizationCodeAsync>b__0(IAsyncHTTPClient) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/UnityConnect/UnityConnect.bindings.cs:228)
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done(State, Int32) (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AsyncHTTPClient.cs:246)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.NativeClient:GetOperationStatus(Int64)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.Requests.Request:get_NativeStatus() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManager/Editor/Managed/Requests/Request.cs:38)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.Requests.Request`1:FetchResult() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManager/Editor/Managed/Requests/Request.cs:175)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.Requests.Request`1:FetchNativeData() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManager/Editor/Managed/Requests/Request.cs:186)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.Requests.Request:get_IsCompleted() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManager/Editor/Managed/Requests/Request.cs:72)
    UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.UpmBaseOperation`1:progress() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/PackageManagerUI/Editor/Services/Upm/UpmBaseOperation.cs:109)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
    System.Delegate:DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[])
    System.MulticastDelegate:DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[])
    System.Delegate:DynamicInvoke(Object[])
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at /home/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:310)

24. jalis43

jalis43

25. jalis43

jalis43

Yep.

That did it for me too.

Thanks.

26. Christian-Tucker

Christian-Tucker

I was having this issue and I figured out the fix for my case, when you launch a project in POP_OS (Ubuntu) 20.10 the UnityHub closes. Make sure you open it again before trying to load assets. Works every time now.

27. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

With me nothing worked until I went into my windows firewall and saw I had an older version of Unity 2019 rule to block that version from accessing the internet. I disabled this firewall rule and bingo all working again in unity 2020

lcd11001 likes this.
  28. lenymarch

lenymarch

got the same problem sometimes & all I have to do is to disconnect the internet & reconnect, worked every time so I guess it's about the software that couldn't connect to the server as the default setting.

29. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Try following the process outlined in the pinned thread with regards to connection issues.

30. amirhosseinzarei151

amirhosseinzarei151

Here's my ultimate solution to this:

1.If you have VPN or proxy enabled, disable it.
    2.If you have VPN or proxy disabled, enable it, and then when it's completely enabled, disable it.
    3.Reload Unity
    Your problem should be fixed...

Kda8 likes this.
  31. Orwasitme

Orwasitme

VPN turned out to be my issue. I read the proxy thing, which somehow made me remember "Hey, when I'm on my phone and my VPN is on, I can't log into certain network based games like Pokemon GO... I wonder..."

Turned it off on my computer and boom, assets.

32. PetyrVeliki

PetyrVeliki

I'm on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and from the 4 packages:

ca-certificates-steamtricks
    ca-certificates-cacert
    ca-certificates-mozilla
    ca-certificates

I had the last two. When I went and installed the rest and restarted the Unity Hub - now I can successfully fetch assets that I've purchased from the asset store.

33. shb_balan

shb_balan

34. DownJohn

DownJohn

In Unity Hub, change from Beta to Production channel. That was my fix for not letting me install ProGrids.

35. ziajek444

ziajek444

Works for me. Thanks

36. Dessix-Machina

Dessix-Machina

37. raiuchiha11

raiuchiha11

inside asset manager look for my assets and download asset you want then import it thats about it

38. buyukduru

buyukduru

Close Unity Project
    On UnityHub Click Account icon, sign out then sign in again
    then open your project and Package Manager

if it doesn't work try this :
    Macbook network > advance settings > proxies unchecked all of them

39. iupendra

iupendra

Just go to services panel then go to general setting and set up your organisation and create project id. that's it

BenStorch likes this.
  40. Strontium66

Strontium66

Yes, this worked for me!!

41. kwoncentvishi

kwoncentvishi

bilek banget ni org

42. shoib_akthar

shoib_akthar

Sign out from unity hub and sign in again that worked for me.

ntkog likes this.
  43. atomrocker

atomrocker

Same issue on Mac with version 2021.3.0f1, but your method solved the problem. Thanks!

Bomo9710 and noelsebastiandsouza like this.
  44. khos

khos

Honestly I feel this is a bad situation, upgrade to new Unity version and first you see is this, what an upgrade experience.... Why remove the asset store option when the package manager does work..

joshcamas likes this.
  45. alorozco22_unity

alorozco22_unity

Yes! this worked for me too :) Thank you.

noelsebastiandsouza likes this.
  46. Saurn_98

Saurn_98

Thanks I was facing the same problem and I tried your trick and it worked, thanks bro

47. pthornton614

pthornton614

BUMP for this, worked for me, thanks

48. ayamcypha2003

ayamcypha2003

i cant download my assets i keep on getting errors
    [Package Manager Window] Error while getting auth code: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to call Unity ID to get auth code.
    UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient:Done (UnityEditor.AsyncHTTPClient/State,int)

49. radiantboy

radiantboy

yeh signing out of hub and back in fixes it here.

ntkog and ColdJackle like this.
  50. BluishGreenPro

BluishGreenPro

Can confirm; signing out / back in via HUB fixed this in 2021.3.0f1

RedstoneRei, linenum, Bnof007 and 7 others like this.