Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

MVVM Databinding and Lobby Toolkit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nventimiglia, Mar 5, 2014.

1. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

The Mvvm Lobby toolkit has just been approved by the asset store. This toolkit is a 2 for one. Get a powerful data-binding framework and and fully functional lobby system . This package works on Unity basic. It has been tested on Windows, Mac, Webplayer, Android and IOS.

Mvvm features
    • Databinding for NGUI and planned support for the new Unity GUI.
    • Binding supports monobehaviours, clr objects, interfaces and dlls
    • Editor inspectors. Select your binding member from dropdowns.
    • MEF Style injection. Use the [Import] annotation and the Injector will do the rest.
    • MEF Style Messenger. Use the [Subscribe] annotation to bind methods to the messenger.
    • WPF style view models. Bind to simple fields, properties and methods. IBindable is modeled after IPropertyNotifyChange with NotifyProperty() method. ObservableCollections included.
    • JsonFX serialization included.

Lobby features
    • A complete 'main scene'. Includes 90% of the needs for most games.
    • Support for Teams. Includes a basic Friend-Foe system.
    • Level loading with support for late level loading (join game in progress).
    • Works with UnityNetworking and soon Photon.
    • Powerful profile system for sharing properties with peers.

Basically, it is a turn key solution for all your UI and infrastructure needs. With this package you can start work on multiplayer games and have all that non gameplay piping done for you. I plan to soon include support for ISocialApi, Gamecenter and photon. I may also include a basic demo on doing web and OpenId authentication.

Website with video and demo
    Asset Store

2. Pythagoras

Pythagoras

Coming from Ndata, I must say your way of handling MVVM is much more elegant and flexible. This is GREAT, I switched over to your databinding in a matter of hours with many improvements. Thanks a lot for this package.