Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Muting ad volume in code?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jgb143, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgb143

jgb143

I know the ads themselves have a mute button(that resets each time) but I can't find a way to control this pragmatically.

I have a mute button on my options screen to mute game sounds and, besides being bad for user experience, was told that Apple could reject the app if it doesn't mute all ads as well.

Thanks.

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Unfortunately no option to mute the ad programmatically. My best suggestion would be to clarify that the mute button only mutes game audio or sound effects (does not mute audio in ads).

Also, just so that you are aware, our Terms of Service prohibits playing any other soundtrack than of the video advertisements during the playback of the video advertisement. See section 4 for the full list of prohibited uses.

3. Kheremos

Kheremos

So, what I attempted to do was create a muted android ad unit and conditionally load it.

But so far I haven't been able to get it to work, the loaded ad still has audio (friend says it seemed quieter).

I realize this is an ancient post, but it still shows up on searches, so I felt a contribution was merited, and maybe there's one more trick I'm missing that someone can share with me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.