Search Unity

Third Party Multiplayers location and computer camera live screen based on Mirror

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by rgd1998, Jul 25, 2022.

1. rgd1998

rgd1998

Hello guys, I'm new to Unity and Mirror. I want to implement a virtual bicycle character roaming task in VR with multiplayers networking in 3D terrain under Unity Mirror plugin. But the most important thing is that I need to add a computer camera screen above the head of each user's virtual bicycle character, and when starting a multiplayer game, each user can see the change of each other's virtual bike position in VR eyes as well as the overhead The computer camera captures the user's own real-time footage (better with sound interaction).

In the early stage, I have used Mirror's NetworkManager to drag the bike character prefab into it, and mounted the Network Transform script to the prefab, so as to realize the location movement when playing multiplayer(as shown in the figure below).
    QQ截图20220725170808.png QQ截图20220725171103.png

Then it's time to add the computer camera live screen on the bike. My idea is to add a canvas to this prefab and create a raw image that captures the live view of the computer camera and displays it(As shown in the picture below).
    QQ截图20220725172025.png

But I don't know how to capture it and whether I can use mirror to achieve a multiplayer game in which each user can see the live view of the computer camera above each other's bicycle character's head.In addition to be able to see the movement and camera live in VR glasses.

This is just a rough idea of mine, do you have any better ideas or suggestions?