Search Unity

Multiplayer solution to choose

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by manscomgamedesign, Nov 23, 2022.

1. manscomgamedesign

manscomgamedesign

I currently looking for a multiplayer solution, what I mostly found is the Photon engine solution, but recently my company need me to look at another solution called Beamable as well. But I could not find the comparison between the two. Can anyone tell me?

In addition, I looking for a solution as below.
    1.Can handle 30 users in per channel.
    2.users can chat in the channel as well.
    3.cloud hosting.
    4.database.

2. r31o

r31o

Any decent networking solution covers the first two, for the last two you will have to use other things like Google Cloud or Firebase

3. Punfish

Punfish

Pretty much any solution can cover what you asked but some can make things easier. Really depends on if you want a free solution or a subscription one, subscription one covering some of those tick boxes for you while the free means you'd have to do more work for the feature but still plausible.

4. manscomgamedesign

manscomgamedesign

Hi, I would like to know more about the last two steps. As I saw there was a Photon Cloud, was that working the same or even more suitable than the Google Cloud you mention?

5. manscomgamedesign

manscomgamedesign

Hi, our company is looking for the easier way to implement all these and willing subscribe any solutions that would work. For our project, we are trying the Web3 features, and currently we found a solution callled Beamable which it seems like providing the Web3 feature we are looking for but it’s multiplayer feature seems weaker than the Photon. We thinking to try integratinf both plugins. As Beamable be the database and Photon be the game server.

May I know if you have other suggestions?

6. r31o

r31o

Google Cloud is a hosting service, Photon Cloud is a relay.
    Since you said that you wanted cloud hosting, photon cloud wont work, since you have not anything "hosted" at all

7. Punfish

Punfish

I'm not sure on the answers for some of this but Fusion may work. I asked an Exit Games representative to take a look. Keep in mind everyone these days is busy, and it's also the holidays.

8. manscomgamedesign

manscomgamedesign

j think you are discussing the database right?

I now thinking this way, so to use beamable as the database (the cloud) and communicate the stored data to Photon (the game server) to simulate the game play with the
    received data from beamable, then when the game is finished, return whatever the rewards the user won from the gameplay and merge these new data back to beamable to show the user data

9. manscomgamedesign

manscomgamedesign

thanks for your help

10. r31o

r31o

Keep in mind that photon cloud is NOT a vps, its a relay to communicate client-client throught the internet