Search Unity

Multiplayer Game Backend

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by bsharif, Sep 19, 2019.

1. bsharif

bsharif

I have some card games already published in google play store (All free). I used real-time multiplayer of google play game services for online multiplayer feature. But, Real-time multiplayer in Play Game Services will go away on March 31, 2020. So, I am trying to find a better alternative. What I want:

• Player Authentication (Email, Facebook, Guest)

• Leaderboards

• Store and Manage Player Data

• Chat

• Real-time Multiplayer (or, Active Turn-based Multiplayer)
    In short I want to make something like Zynga poker or similar kind or card games. My findings so far,

Now the main issue is pricing as all of my apps are free and there is no in app purchase. I have at least 200k monthly active user. If I consider, PlayFab for Authentication and Photon for multiplayer, according to photon ˜ 400 k MAU and 1000 CCU will cost me $185. But on a peak time my required CCU will be greater than 1000. And on PlayFab Unlimited MAU for Essentials free package. I don't know how much it will cost me if I want to use PlayFab and Photon together. On the other hand Gamesparks will cost $299 + $.008 after 37375 MAU. So I guess it will cost me more. About Firebase Blaze Plan will cost a lot. Nakama, how to use the free one?

Which will be better and less costly for me? Is there any other good alternatives? If anyone can help I will be very grateful and thanks in advance.

2. g_a_p

g_a_p

You may also want to consider SmartFoxServer 2X. The price of the Elastic License for 1000 CCU is 50€/month, to which you have to add the cost of the hosting service.
    From the features point of view, there's no out-of-the-box leaderboard, and it is up to you to implement Facebook authentication. The other features you are looking for are fully supported.
    You can learn more here: http://docs2x.smartfoxserver.com/ExamplesUnity/introduction

MrsPiggy and Tiny-Tree like this.
  3. bsharif

bsharif

Thanks for the information. I'll definitely have a look.

4. MrsPiggy

MrsPiggy

@bsharif In your requisite list you did not include server authority. Since you've mentioned card games I'd expect it to be an essential requirement. If so, I'd add a +1 for SmartFoxServer. Very solid choice for any client-server multiplayer game, imho.

g_a_p likes this.