Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Multi Aim Constraint Inexplicably Inverted

Discussion in 'Animation' started by NautilusCo, Jun 18, 2022.

1. NautilusCo

NautilusCo

Hi, so as you can hopefully see in the GIF below, I have a multi-aim constraint which is getting my character model to always position his waist so that it's aimed at the target, and since this is a sidescroller that should only mean going up and down. The target, which has been set as the source object and can be seen as a red ball in scene view, is being positioned wherever the cursor is. This seems to be working exactly how I would like except inverted. As the cursor goes up, the waist looks down, and vice versa, which is exactly the opposite of what I want to happen.

I've tried other Aim axes and and other Up axis, and they all either don't aim at all or only switch between aiming at the ceiling or aiming at the floor. Also don't worry about the rifle not moving in the gif, I'm gonna get the rifle to move with the waist later, at the moment I'm just concerned with getting the player model to aim correctly.

(GIF of the issue)

Thanks if anyone can help with this.