Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug mp3 files error FSBTool ERROR: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by YianC, Jan 25, 2024.

1. YianC

YianC

After I updated to Unity 2022.3.18, some mp3 files had errors.

The message is as follows
    FSBTool ERROR: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.
    FSBTool ERROR: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.
    (Filename: ./Modules/AssetPipelineEditor/Public/AudioImporter.cpp Line: 1062)

Does anyone have the same problem?

2. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

3. dcheglakov

dcheglakov

I've got the same issue for Unity 2022.3.19. Any estimate of when we can expect a fix? Thanks.

4. castspeller

castspeller

@Unity - you keep breaking LTS versions, THIS.HAS.TO.STOP!

This issue for example, you say it should be fixed in the next version, but the next version is out and it is still present. For that matter your comment could be taken as for version 2022.3.19 or 2022.4.X or 2023.X.X please be more specific.

Do you have structured testing, both programmatic AND human? It does not seem that way from the issues I have been reading about.

Pitou22 likes this.
  5. SeventhString

SeventhString

Unity Technologies

Hey folks,

The fix is currently on the bench, pending for QA. As you might be aware, the company is "going through a phase" right now, and this part of the machine is currently impacted.
    The issue is that there was an accidentally incomplete backport on a complicated MPEG codec fix. I am sorry that it's taking so long, but we should get there soon.

On a side note, it is super relevant that you voice your concerns, and it helps us build a case about what should be improved in our media stack. Codecs and media framework is one of our top priorities.

We do have a testing infrastructure, and while it's not perfect it catches a lot of small errors! The human side for testing media quality over all platforms is a complicated one, and it's practically impossible to do all manuals tests for all bugs for all platforms. In this case, we're incrementally building a library of files known to have failed to test for regressions in the future.

N8W1nD likes this.
  6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

The issuetracker says it is fixed in 2022.3.21, so we need somewhere around 2 weeks to a month.

7. Pseudonym-Username

Pseudonym-Username

Converting mp3 to wav solved the problem for me

8. manushakaruna

manushakaruna

This saved me. Thank you.

9. Pseudonym-Username

Pseudonym-Username

Glad I could help :D

10. plotonix

plotonix

Updated from 2022.3.20 to 2022.3.23, but the issue still occurs. :(

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  11. phamtony037

phamtony037

Known issue with Unity 2022.3.18 and mp3s. Try re-encoding the mp3s with a different tool (like Audacity). Otherwise, wait for a Unity update or downgrade to a previous version (2022.3.17 might work). Good luck!