Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Move particle to target position after 2 seconds

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by dennis92107, Feb 26, 2020.

1. dennis92107

dennis92107

Does it possible to move particle to an object(position) after 2 seconds?

I need my particle to do some explosion first, than fly to my character.(Can't trigger die event, it's must to be the same particle.

I have tried Set TargetPosition、Set Position, but the move is not want I expect.

Sorry for poor English and technology, hope you guys can answer me , thank you!!

2. Olmi

Olmi

Hi @dennis92107,
    Could you maybe use branching and make your position Lerp between a position A and B after certain amount of particle lifetime (in your case 2 seconds) has passed? I think something like that would work.

3. dennis92107

dennis92107

It's work!! I really appreciate that.

But there's a new problem.... I use Lerp and want particle "Fly" to the target ,but it just teleport to that.

delete1!.png

4. Olmi

Olmi

You have to drive the lerp value with something. Do some googling and see how lerp works but basically you can just think it as a blend, which moves from value A to value B, when you adjust the value from 0 to 1 (that S parameter in your Visual Effect Graph.) You could use time or some value you set from outside of VFX Graph...