Search Unity

Third Party MLAPI w/Photon Relay

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by LayZ1307, Oct 18, 2021.

1. LayZ1307

LayZ1307

I've been looking a little into networking and its still unclear.

I'm thinking about going with the mlapi relay.

Reading a little bit into photon we can make rooms. So I would be using a php lobby that on start game then creates a photon room and sends us into the room to then run off the photon relay server.

The php lobby would likely be wrapped with mlapi/photon. So while the php handles the login and usernames and other data (of which gets passed when needed into the photon/mlapi code), the photon/mlapi would handle creating the rooms on the servers and location of the server (this is the part im needing a bit of insight on, server setup starting with mlapi and mlapi relay).

While looking through the mlapi documentation its a bit unclear on connecting to the relay server and the setup of that server. I was prevented from coding due to circumstances that arrived for about 6 months which makes it harder to read code, and I was about to look into networking at that time before being screwed over finishing the game at a fast pace.

I just downloaded mlapi relay to look into and just started looking into it.

I've just started looking into the boss room and it seems it can be simplified.

So to summarize I think I'm doing something like this upon php login we will also connect to the nameserver of photon. Then when players in my php lobby press start game it will then create a room on photon for the players to play the rts match.

It's unclear how mlapi is going to communicate with photon the actual setup from a blank mlapi project to communicating with photon with mlapi relay.