Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixamo Rig Causing Lag

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Ralem, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Ralem

Ralem

Hi. I'm not very knowledgeable about working with rigs and animation, so I went to mixamo and used their autorig feature. To be able to use the rig in mecanim I changed the animation type to Humanoid. My game is a TBS game and I've been using a free model with animation for testing purposes. With about 4-6 characters on screen I have no problem getting 50 - 60 fps. With a rigged character from mixamo we created 4 characters on screen drops me to about 20 - 25 fps. At first I thought it was the models, but after removing the rig my fps shot back up. Is there something I can do to increase the fps? Is a mixamo rig to in depth for what I'm trying to do? Any information on the subject would be helpful.

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

It might not be the rig. I regularly have 10-12 Mixamo-rigged characters running around onscreen at 70 fps (on a PC). There's probably another subtle difference causing the lag. Are there any errors in the console? Are you perhaps using Legacy on the free model and Mecanim on the Mixamo rig? Does the Mixamo character have a different shader or significantly more polygons? If you apply the same Animator Controller and all other settings the same to the free model and the Mixamo rig, do they perform differently?

3. Ralem

Ralem