Search Unity

Showcase MF SSGI for URP - Realtime Screen Space Global Illumination - DirectX 11 | OpenGL

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Michiel-Frankfort, Sep 9, 2022.

1. impheris

impheris

Oh i see, that makes sense now. Will your tool have configurable values for that?
    In general i really love what you are doing and i'm glad you are still updating the tool and thinking on performance

:D Thanks... i make realistic renders and stuffs with other software ;)

Michiel-Frankfort likes this.
  2. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Yes a gazillion sliders haha, I even moved a lot to scriptable objects. Everything is tweakable and all 'artistic settings' (those nothing to do with quality and performance) are tweakable as Post-processing volume overrides.

3. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

@Michiel-Frankfort Just bumping the query from @Disastorm which I think got lost in all the excitement of the new updates, and the holiday season...

"When you say it doesn't support vr, do you just mean because of its performance impact? Or does it actually not work properly like visual bugs or something? A lot of people also use PCVR which would potentially have the capabilities of rtx 3000 or even 4000 level GPUs."
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/mf-ssgi-for-urp-realtime-screen-space-global-illumination-directx-11-opengl.1334004/page-2#post-8631783
    Makes sense that current gen standalone VR (Quest2 etc.) is not likely, due to the memory bandwidth limitations and tile-based rendering, but PCVR apps have access to often high-end GPUs. Happy to try it if you need someone to test it for you :) There are a lot of us VR developers how are dieing to be free of baked lighting!

4. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Yes you are totally right about that, I will put the request on the backlog!

Kin0min, pierre92nicot and jeromeWork like this.
  5. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Hi all!

First of all: Big big thanks to everyone that bought MF.SSGI! Much love!!!

V1.1 is nearly ready for submission. In the meantime I updated the WebGL demo again. Check it out!!!

MF.SSGI - V1.1 - WebGL demo scene - Compare.jpg

6. buFFalo94

buFFalo94

Cool can you give any ETA for built-in support please ?

7. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

I hope to get to it soon, but I need to monitor and improve URP version first. Once I start Built-in I have to maintain/test/update 2 integrated codebases. So QA and updates will start to take longer. It's better/easier to focus on URP first, make it the best I can, then move over to Built-in.

So I hope I can start porting around April as in March I'm expecting my third child and I'm planning to spend the little dev-time I have left on costumer support first. Until April I can bugfix and improve the current version so porting should be easier.

Kin0min, buFFalo94 and NotaNaN like this.
  8. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Hi all, V1.1.1 IS LIVE!!! (Yes, already a hot fix haha)

It has many many improvements as mentioned before. If you want to learn more about it, I MADE A VIDEO that highlights the new tech.

There is an upgrade-guide in the package for those that already purchased v1.0.

Enjoy and thank you all for buying/supporting MF.SSGI!!!

buFFalo94, JesOb and PutridEx like this.
  9. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

@Michiel-Frankfort Hi. Do you have any plan to support URP 14? URP 14 changes its internal texture handling and you cant get _CameraDepthTexture by name anymore. The only way is using reflection to access its internal DepthTexture field of UniversalRenderer.

See https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...render-target-in-urp-13.1279934/#post-8272821

So MF.SSGI 1.1.1 makes "Can't set _CameraDepthTexture as Blit source" warnings currently in URP 14.

Edit:
    Although it shows "temporary RT not found warnings", Blit shader does not use _MainTex as input so warning can be ignored :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  10. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Thanks for pointing it out!
    I will fix it and it will be part of the next update!

11. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Hi all!

I used this amazing asset by Manufactura K4 to test out large outdoor and complex scenes with a lot of metallic objects.

Check out these Gifs!
    I'll capture a video soon, but I first need to ask the creator permission :)
    MF.SSGI - Sci-Fi - 1.gif

MF.SSGI - Sci-Fi - 2.gif

MF.SSGI - Sci-Fi - 3.gif

MF.SSGI - Sci-Fi - 4.gif

MF.SSGI - Sci-Fi - 5.gif

Gametyme, fuzzy3d, Kreshi and 3 others like this.
  12. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Amazing results,

Question: How can I increase the distance of when the effect is visible?
    I have a large ocean would like the effect to be visible even in the distance, Thanks!

13. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

On the render-feature itself you can change the near/far fade distances

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  14. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Great thank you!

15. yendou

yendou

Hey:) ,what a nice package.
    i was wondering (dont laugh at me, im artist:D)
    if we can somehow achieve a path tracer rendering effect. The slow accumulating noise,idk how its called,but pretty and useful for hq renders when camera is static.
    Never saw anything in unity that would work with webgl, but i saw it done in web graphics, without raytracing hw.
    Would be grateful for any tips where to look

16. JoergHofmann74

JoergHofmann74

yendou likes this.
  17. yendou

yendou

Thanks Joerg, just found about it, was trying others that dont work in webgl, if this one does, oh boy im happy:) .
    its basically what i want

18. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Great news! MF.SSGI is now 50% Discounted!!!

Many thanks if you decide to purchase and support development ❤

19. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Hi all!

@Kreshi showed me this amazing video he made and allowed me to share it with you; It shows the Difference between Radiant Global Illumination and MF.SSGI.

Screenshot_20230211_153248_YouTube.jpg

Full disclosure, I did not ask him or sponsor him, he did this as a comparison video for a Discord-channel he is part of and allowed me to share it. So big big thanks to @Kreshi for the effort taken, very kind!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    Kreshi likes this.
  20. Spikebor

Spikebor

This is not a very cool project to show the power of MF.SSGI. But I share it anyway.
    Why do I say that? because I do not use the shadow component of MF.SSGI, for this project I need cute feel and more shadow is more realistic and not fitting.

Here is comparison. Notice I can achieve cute stylize look without a special toon shader.
    Just need MF.SSGI and Kronnect's Beautify 3.

upload_2023-2-13_22-28-25.png upload_2023-2-13_22-28-52.png

21. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

!!!50% Sale ends today!!!

Today I'm spending my time in the hospital. Hopefully in roughly 24 hours time, I'll be a father again! We are expecting a daughter, so hopefully all goes well. My gf is holding up, although in much pain.

So all your support and help over the past months have been amazing. I love the Unity community and along the way I got to know many talented and amazing people. So big shout out to you! And a big thanks to all that purchased the asset!

Wish us luck!

22. tanaka0123

tanaka0123

Hi.
    I tried building with WebGL, but the editor and rendering results seem to be different.
    What could be the cause?

<Editor>
    upload_2023-3-5_22-15-35.png

<WebGL>
    upload_2023-3-5_22-15-8.png

Depth Priming and Deferred are turned off.
    upload_2023-3-5_22-13-16.png

Attached Files:

23. tanaka0123

tanaka0123

Sorry for the repetitiveness.

I would like to use MF.SSGI to realize the expression like the point light in the figure below.
    Is there any good way to do this?
    upload_2023-3-5_22-22-29.png

upload_2023-3-5_22-23-42.png

From reading the documentation, it seems that MF.SSGI tries to create a nice expression by emitting light from an object and reflecting light from a reflection probe.
    Is it basically better not to use point lights or spot lights?

I would like to know how to actually set it up by referring to sample projects like VIking-village.
    MFSSGI - Is it possible to provide scene files other than the Showcase scene?

24. AetherMFP

AetherMFP

What happened to the asset?

AlejUb likes this.
  25. mgear

mgear

Gasimo likes this.