Search Unity

Graphics MF.SSGI [V1.0 LIVE] - Bridging the gap between URP and HDRP - Global Illumination & Occlusion

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Michiel-Frankfort, Nov 30, 2022.

1. newton1212

newton1212

Hello,

I sent a DM with my Discord linked. It may not have notified you, but I'd like to see if we can work this out soon. I've played with my Discord settings in case it squashed a friend request. :)

2. SOL3BREAKER

SOL3BREAKER

I got that too in unity2022.3 urp14 forward+. I got a lot of noise like that picture until I enable use deferred rendering. I don't know why deferred function work in forward+, and the tooltip says it's editor only but it will influence the camera view.
    Another problem is that it does change the shadow very frequently when move the camera.
    And Show in scene view still works even when I disabled the renderer feature.

Michiel-Frankfort likes this.
  3. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Hi,

About the sceneview: The default URP renderer is used by the sceneview-cam, so perhaps there are multiple renderers in the project?

The shadows can update realtime if you pick the single-frame presets. The reprojected presets work best in playmode as it uses motion-vectors of previous frames

4. sacb0y

sacb0y

upload_2023-7-22_17-56-31.png

Not sure if this is just me but the latest update, the SSGI resolution causes some pixeliaztion. Is this normal?

5. SOL3BREAKER

SOL3BREAKER

I have some questions here.

1.Why the renderer feature creates 1.4kb GC per frame, it would cause performance problem.
    2.The Icon in scene view is blocking probuilder toolbar, could you fix that.

6. buFFalo94

buFFalo94

7. FarhezAhmed

FarhezAhmed

getting the following error in unity 2023.1.6f1

Assets\MF.SSGI\Scripts\Rendering\SSGIPass.cs(764,61): error CS0619: 'ScriptableRenderer.cameraDepthTarget' is obsolete: 'Use cameraDepthTargetHandle'

8. SwenSVK

SwenSVK

Hello, since i did not get any answer on email, it looks like this asset is abandoned right?

9. Setmaster

Setmaster

I'm getting a black screen when I build my game. Works fine in the editor. URP Forward+, Unity 2022.3.9f1.

If I remove the SSGI Camera component, the build works fine. I use multiple cameras to handle things like inventory, only the main camera has the SSGI Camera component, and all my renderers have the SSGI feature.

10. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Hi all,

My apologies for the lack of support lately. I've tried to fix issues reported in the latest versions of Unity, but I end-up in a world of pain with the new render-pipeline features etc. I'm at a point that I cannot support the asset any longer going forward with URP Forward+, new Unity versions, etc.

On top of that there is a lot going on in my life personally and Unity has pretty much messed-up everything anyways the past few weeks. There has been a massive drop in Unity users and Assetstore activity lately, I think by Unity's own making.

So I have decided to deprecate the asset. The lack of Assetstore sales, Unity documentation on some of the issues and my personal situation has led me to this decision.

For those that want a full refund, please send me a DM with a screenshot of the invoice-number attached.

I know I 'took' your money so I'm more then happy to refund it. Please be kind, I really tried to make the best of this asset. I fully understand your disappointment or frustration.

I'm very very sorry :(

11. buFFalo94

buFFalo94

What a bummer
    I was still waiting for the BIRP version
    Thank you anyway

AlejUb and DrMeatball like this.
  12. hopeful

hopeful

Can you open source it? Post the code on Github or something? I hate to see efforts disappear and go to waste.

13. impheris

impheris

it is amazing how Unity's desicion makers are xxx everything not just with this desicion but for years now. I was really interested with the potential this asset had for URP... i hope this leaves a lesson in the industry. Unity, the sotfware is so good...
    Good luck with your life i hope all your problems get resolved soon and i hope to see you and your skills in the future on another game engine with a proper leadership

14. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

Quick update:
    I'm planning to make it open-source! Perhaps some of you would like to moderate it? I already got a request from someone interested to port it to Built-in RP.

What do you guys think?

AlejUb, Gasimo, tatoforever and 8 others like this.
  15. mgear

mgear

Great news!

(feel free to add your ko-fi links too, just in case random people chip-in over the years)

16. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I think you are very generous and I’m happy to hear you will open source it!

hopeful and Michiel-Frankfort like this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

Love it! I'm glad those who needed this tool can continue to use it through open source.

18. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

AlejUb, vincurekf, DrMeatball and 6 others like this.
  19. impheris

impheris

tbh you don't need to do it but it is a really nice move. Thanks (although i don't use it)

THE2FUN likes this.
  20. THE2FUN

THE2FUN

Hi, thanks for everything with you are done. I wanted to ask 1 question. Debug window is not working. This is too much important because we can't see what happening clearly. If want to set gi settings without debug window it is very hard, like being blind and trying to read book. Can you fix it?

Michiel-Frankfort likes this.
  21. Michiel-Frankfort

Michiel-Frankfort

When you play the demo-scene with the correct setup (in the documentation), does the debug window show anything? It still works on my end...

22. JiRo_Dev

JiRo_Dev

Hi, it seems like the asset is deprecated on Unity Assets Store, is there any explanation on why did that happen?

23. mgear

mgear

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  24. JiRo_Dev

JiRo_Dev

25. steego

steego

Very generous of you to open source it! However it would be nice if the github repository included a license?

hopeful likes this.
  26. dylannorth

dylannorth

Yes that would be nice, I managed to get it working for 2020.3 URP 10.5 Forward rendering by fixing a few things (remove usage of Motion Vectors, and change "UniversalRendererData" to "ForwardRendererData"). I also got it working with my custom shaders, you mostly just need to ensure that you have a DepthNormals pass in whatever shader you want to receive/contribute to the effect. I may be missing more but I am still exploring the package.
    Thank you!

THE2FUN likes this.
  27. marcell123455

marcell123455

EDIT: Sorry, I just read your post above. You deprecated it because you didn´t had the time...

Not sure what to think.

Even if it's open source, I am willing to pay you and give the person who ports it to built in RP some money!

And I would even pay extra for VR Support! (because I need it at least in 2-3 years when I Port my game to vr, and this is the main thing I was waiting for after the Port tu build in... )

However performance should also work out, maybe by using downsampling and using temporal filtering afterwards...

Any hope this will happen?

Maybe after someone ported it to build in you still find some time and could do the vr port? Again, I would pay you for your time.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    pierre92nicot likes this.