Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Metroidvania World Map

Discussion in '2D' started by unity_0FD83E1DDCA71ABEF61C, Oct 21, 2022.

1. unity_0FD83E1DDCA71ABEF61C

unity_0FD83E1DDCA71ABEF61C

Do you guy have any ideas how to handle this kind of world map in metroidvania when levels/rooms will be irregular size? I am enemy of doing stuff manually so I am looking for automated way, that will update my world map when I edit level itself. I know I could somehow count level/room size and then create box on world map with proper size, but I am not sure, I also dont have idea how to handle positioning it on world map and how to handle this visible dividers inside levels.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Do you mean procedurally assemble the given rooms differently each gameplay?

Or just randomly put it together one time so you don't have to do the draggy-clicky in the editor?

Either way, it's a LOT of work just to avoid the draggy-clicky in the editor... for a single world, you might end up doing so much manual adjustment to code-generated stuff, it' s just not worth it.

3. flasker

flasker

thats just 9 sliced sprites and math