Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Master Audio - AAA Sound Solution. #1 audio plugin on Asset Store!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dark_tonic, Jan 28, 2013.

1. spikezart

spikezart

Thanks. I’ve just posted again. Maybe he’s in holiday.

2. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry for the VERY late response, I got no notifications.

I changed these in the last update. I had to use compile-time directives because the code needs to be different for different versions of Unity. You should be able to search Visual Studio for the offending code. It's still there for the older versions.

3. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry for the VERY late response, I got no notifications.

You can have as many Playlists and Playlist Controllers as you like. Yes, you can do all that.

spikezart likes this.
  4. jerotas

jerotas

Well, this and Tony's assets (The Dialogue System For Unity is one).

5. jerotas

jerotas

I do check email (support@darktonic.com) and our forums daily. I'd suggest those avenues instead of this forum, which sometimes fails to notify me.

Forum: https://darktonic.freeforums.net/

6. ZINI-NGR

ZINI-NGR

Hi, I have a problem.
    I'm using MA 2022 and Unity 2023.1.3f1 Android.
    I set custum events and when I fire custum event with wav file, it delay about 0.3~0.4 seconds.
    When I test is fine in Unity Editor, but delay in my phone.
    I used this script.

MasterAudio.FireCustomEvent("OnJump", transform);

I tested on Galaxy S21. How can I do that?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  7. jerotas

jerotas

It's out of our control. We're still using the FMod Unity audio engine under the covers. I recently tested Android latency on some newer Android devices and it was no faster than the "no latency" native solution. So I scrapped my task to integrate the zero latency native library because it wasn't needed.

It doesn't sound like you're seeing the same thing though.

Are you using a preloaded Audio clip?

It's not a resource file, Addressable or has "Preload Audio Data" unchecked, does it? That always causes latency.

I'm still not getting notified of replies here, so I'd suggest you email us or use our forum.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  8. rasto61

rasto61

Are there any plans for a Photon Fusion integration ?
    (pun is now mostly being phased out by exit games)

9. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

We definitely need this, also for ourselves as we have an upcoming title which will be made with Fusion.

We have been in contact with The Photonians regarding integration which needs to come from their side. It's been a little while since we've corresponded, though, we will send a ping their way and see if we can get the ball rolling again.

Thanks for bringing this up.

schmosef likes this.
  10. rasto61

rasto61

What is needed from their side?
    Last multiplayer adapter was mostly just rpcs iirc? Fusion has even cleaner rpc api than pun.

11. jerotas

jerotas

It was all RPC's yes. I got a message from one of their leads saying "whenever we hear the word RPC, we start to worry".

Are you telling me that Fusion still uses RPC's? I was led to believe that was not the case, and didn't know where to start. I don't get responses here, so I'd appreciate if we can continue this on email (support@darktonic.com) or out DarkTonic forum here: https://darktonic.freeforums.net/

12. rasto61

rasto61

Maybe he was concerned with a certain inquiry they got often, not sure.
    Fusion definitely has rpc api Remote Procedure Calls | Photon Engine

Ill probably email, but does Dark Tonic also have a dedicated discord ?

13. jerotas

jerotas

We do have a Discord, although I can't tell you how to find it. Eric will let you know.

rasto61 likes this.
  14. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

Hey Rasto, yeah, you can hop in our Discord here: https://discord.gg/JvdXq68

See you there! :D

rasto61 likes this.
  15. jerotas

jerotas

16. sacb0y

sacb0y

upload_2023-10-8_2-33-53.png
    I keep getting these errors after updating and I can't get rid of the category. I don't use this function and it keeps bugging me about it when it didn't before.

17. jerotas

jerotas

Put your Inspector into debug mode, then scroll down and find "Custom Event Categories", expand it, and delete all but one of the categories that's named in the error. Then go back to normal Inspector mode.

I'm not sure how you managed to get the dupe in there, but that will fix it.

18. churi24

churi24

Hi, I've been reading in the forum that there were attempts to integrate Steam Audio with Master Audio.
    I recently tried to do it in a similar way to how you integrate Resonance Audio. It works well. I think you could provide support without programming too much, just by modifying the helper you created for Resonance. Like with Resonance, I marked "Use Spatializer" to initialize the audio sources, and in the audio sources, I left "Spatialize Post Effects" marked. I added the Steam Audio Source to each Audio Source.

I set the plugin.
    upload_2023-11-24_12-15-17.png

I set Use Spatializer.
    upload_2023-11-24_12-15-43.png

I checked Spatialize and Spatialize Post Effects.
    upload_2023-11-24_12-17-36.png

I added the script Steam Audio Source in every audio source.
    upload_2023-11-24_12-16-2.png

I added the script Steam Audio Listener in the Camera
    upload_2023-11-24_12-22-7.png

Also I added the script Steam Audio Geometry in the walls, and then I've exported the active scene from Steam Audio menu.

I ran several tests between Resonance Audio 1.2.1 and Steam Audio 4.4.1, all in real-time without baking. I liked Steam Audio more because with Resonance, I couldn't find a way to make the reverb sound project from one room to a hallway, or things like that. Steam Audio projects the sound better.

In the editor, the performance is terrible. It usually varies between 50 and 200 fps depending on whether the listener is moving or not. My pc is pretty old...
    The difference I found is that Resonance has "better" performance than Steam Audio. In a build with a very simple scenario, Resonance reaches around 900fps, while Steam Audio ranges from 750~900fps. At that amount of milliseconds, it's very subtle.
    I'm going to continue running tests, now in my game, which is infinitely heavier than the test scenario I used. I hope it works.

schmosef likes this.
  19. jerotas

jerotas

Very cool! If it works well, can you send me what you coded for this? I will review and incorporate it into the product.

Please contact us at support@darktonic.com, I still don't get notified of replies on this thread.

schmosef likes this.
  20. Xtro

Xtro

Hello, after upgrading my project from Unity 2022.2.13 to 2023.2.2, I started to get these warnings. Can you please help me?
    a.png

They are coming from this line of code:
    b.png

21. gegagome

gegagome

Hi Eric

Been out of the loop for a while and just learned about the new asset.

Is there a guide to migrate to MA 2022 from MA?

Also I've been getting errors using Unity 2022:
    Assets/Plugins/Editor/DarkTonic/MasterAudio/BulkAudioImporter.cs(829,13): error CS0619: 'AudioImporter.preloadAudioData' is obsolete: 'Preload audio data has been moved to AudioImporter.SampleSettings as a per platform local setting'

Finally, is there a way to generate sound based on a pitch? Like be able to plug a list of pitches to make a melody perhaps? Instead of audio files?

Thanks

22. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry for the late reply, I don't get notified of this forum posts.

Fix that like this:

Code (csharp):
    2.    private void MaybeUnloadClip() {
    3.        VarAudio.Stop();
    4.        var isValidClip = VarAudio.clip != null;
    5.        if (isValidClip) {
    6.            VarAudio.time = 0f;
    7.        }

23. jerotas

jerotas

Hi, I don't get notified of replies here. I'd suggest emailing us or using our forum here: https://darktonic.freeforums.net/

As far as upgrading to 2022, you should be able to just "update in place". But if you have issues, try the standard:
    1) Delete all DarkTonic folders in Project View.
    2) Restart Unity.
    3) Install new product from Package Manager.

Are the errors you saw using old Master Audio or Master Audio 2022?

No, there's no way to generate sounds not using clips.

24. Xtro

Xtro

I had to fix it in 2 methods:
    PlaylistController.CeaseAudioSource
    SoundGroupVariation.MaybeUnloadClip

Thank you.

Do you have an ETA for the next release including this fix?

25. jerotas

jerotas

Thank you. I had already seen and fixed the PlaylistController one, for the next release. It popped up for me.

It will be out in the spring. Unfortunately, this will be part of a major release - Master Audio 2024, which will ask a modest upgrade fee and include FMOD/WWise-like capabilities of Real-Time Parameter Control.

Since this code change was trivial, I thought it was ok to post here for anyone that needs it fixed without requiring an upgrade.

Again, please try our official channels first in the future as I receive no notifications of this forum. Email, our forum, etc.

26. gegagome

gegagome

Thanks for the reply.

The errors come up using Master Audio, havent yet installed Master Audio 2022

27. gegagome

gegagome

Also the error is now gone after I updated to MA 2022 from MA

28. OldBard

OldBard

Hey! Two questions!

I saw that back in May, there was a discussion about using hashes for the Dictionaries instead of using strings, and that it got into the Roadmap. Is there any date set for when this would be implemented?

And, I was looking at the code for MasterAudio.cs file and there are many instances where it uses the auxiliary list AllSoundGroupNames to get the key to access the AudioSourcesBySoundType value. Those seem to be added and removed in the same situations. Is there a reason not to use the foreach directly in the AudioSourcesBySoundType dictionary? Here is a snipet of how it is:

Code (CSharp):
    2.             foreach (var key in Instance.AllSoundGroupNames) {
    3.                 var varList = Instance.AudioSourcesBySoundType[key].Sources;
    4.                 StopPauseOrUnpauseSoundsOfTransform(sourceTrans, varList, VariationCommand.Stop);
    5.             }
    and one of how it could be:

Code (CSharp):
    2.             foreach (var keyValuePair in Instance.AudioSourcesBySoundType) {
    3.                 var varList = keyValuePair.Value.Sources;
    4.                 StopPauseOrUnpauseSoundsOfTransform(sourceTrans, varList, VariationCommand.Stop);
    5.             }
    I debugged here and the contents of the Instance.AllSoundGroupNameslist is always the same as the keys in the Instance.AudioSourcesBySoundType dictionary.

The difference there is that the first one causes Dictionary getItem calls. I have thousands of those whenever I destroy an object. Would that change break something? I am not sure what is the reason for the code being as it is (parsing the list to get the keys to the dictionary, as they are the same).

Thanks,
    OldBard.

29. jerotas

jerotas

Good to hear. Again, I don't check this forum as I'm never notified of replies. Please try one of the 3 support options in my signature in the future.

30. jerotas

jerotas

Hi, sorry for the very late reply.

Again, I don't check this forum as I'm never notified of replies. Please try one of the 3 support options in my signature in the future.

Let's continue this conversation over email or our support forum. Can you point me to the May discussion you're referring to? I may have tried it and it wasn't feasible, but I don't recall at this point.

Thanks!
    Brian

31. churi24

churi24

Hello, does MasterAudio have any method that indicates if a playlist is playing?

32. jerotas

jerotas

Sorry for the late reply. For future reference, please don't use this thread as I'm never notified of replies. Instead use the 3 in my signature: email, our forum, or Discord. You'll get a reply within 24 hours almost always.

Anyway, for your question. You can check the PlaylistState of any PlaylistController, which will tell you one of these: NotInScene, Stopped, Playing, Paused, or Crossfading.
    Code (csharp):
    2.             switch (PlaylistController.InstanceByName("YourPlaylistControllerName").PlaylistState) {
    3.                 case PlaylistController.PlaylistStates.Playing:
    4.                     // do something
    5.                     break;
    6.             }
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

churi24 likes this.
  33. jerotas

jerotas

V 1.0.6 is released! Changelog:
    • Fixed warning in optional Mirror package.
    • Fixed error where fades of Variations would not take Master Mixer volume, Bus volume or Group volume into account.
    • Fixed dupe lookup in Sound Group Attribute that could lead to slowness in Inspector with multiple fields.
    • Fixed bug where unpausing a paused Variation in the AudioTransformTracker script didn't change the pause status of the Variation, although it started playing again.
    • Fixed bug where Type In for Sound Group on Footstep Sounds didn't have a field appear.
    • Fixed bug where Playlist Controller and Sound Group Variation generated a warnings Unity 2023.
    • Fixed bug where renaming a Sound Group in Hierarchy wouldn't reflect on Master Audio Mixer section.
    • Fixed previewing on Songs in a Playlist so they now respect pitch.
    • Fixed bug where "last" song would not fade properly if it was set up as a section.
    • Fixed bug where Section song would not schedule correctly when already playing and RestartPlaylist was called.
    • Added missing Start and End time in Dynamic Sound Group Creator Inspector for "section" songs.
    • Breaking change: Removed "Master Audio Location" choice from Sound Spawn Mode dropdown for FootstepSounds & Event Sounds scripts. Likely not used by anyone.