Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Make gameobject completely unlit / Change shader of material (UnityGLTF)

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Felix_Endl, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Felix_Endl

Felix_Endl

Im making a FNAF fan game. The enviroment is therefore pretty dark. However, I want the animatronics(enemies) to be completely visible (Just like in the scene view or in blender). Is there a way to make a gameobject completely unlit in Unity?

Im using Models from the internet which are imported with UnityGLTF. I also tried changing the shader of the materials to the UnityGLTF/Unlit shader but that doesn't look right. upload_2024-4-29_21-14-15.png
    upload_2024-4-29_21-14-49.png
    Why does it look off? Can I change it to look like the normal shader?

I hope somebody knows a solution. Thank you.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

You can change the shader and assign the textures like normal or via code.

3. POOKSHANK

POOKSHANK

i think the reason it looks off is because there's no normal maps to add depth to objects on unlit.

you may find that adding a little bit of emissive color to the original shader adds the unlit look while still respecting normal maps and lights. unlit objects in a fully lit world always kind of look like they're a sticker on the screen.