Search Unity

Question LWRP shader graph shader appears differently on andoird mobile sevice

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by phyc, Aug 13, 2019.

1. phyc

phyc

Hello, I had this issue show up in previous versions of Unity and in this latest version as well. I recently got into trying out the LWRP in order to try out developing shaders through Shader Graph for mobile. The results i got came out great and it works fine when activating Play and viewing through the Game tab. I made a build for windows and those results appear great too. When building for Android though, the shader I tested using Shader Graph has the gloss behave very differently. I made two heads, one with LWRP's Lit shader applied and the other using Shader Graph's PBR master. Both give similar results in engine and windows build, but on mobile only the Lit shader behaves consistently . Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Left: Lit Shader Right: Shader Graph PBR Master
    Editor:

Android Mobile:

2. lostminds

lostminds

3. phyc

phyc

Hello! Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I feel pretty certain it is the same issue, gloss appears to be reacting the same way. Well relieved to know a potential fix is coming. I wonder if anyone has been able to find a workaround though?

4. lostminds

lostminds

I haven’t found any workarounds (except not using shader graph shaders). But in my experience the problem is worse with glossy materials and small fov-angle cameras. So if you can have a wider angle camera or use less glossy materials the problem might not be so bad.

Someone else mentioned that scene/camera scale might also affect it, but I haven’t tested that myself. I think that person was having problems with a very large scene, and my scene is very small.

5. lostminds

lostminds

Just a small update in case anyone is still following this (like I am). It seems like the bug will be fixed in Shader Graph 7.1.1 part of the new Universal Render Pipeline (previously called Lightweight Render Pipeline). I don't know when this will be released, but it looks like it will require Unity 2019.3.

The current beta Unity 2019.3.0b3 has Shader graph 7.0.1, which seems to improve/fix the precision/artifacts but the highlights are still exaggerated when it comes to brightness on mobile in my tests.