Search Unity

LWRP + Post Processing = Completely black viewport

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Vallar, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Vallar

Vallar

Hi everyone,

I have a project I was working on on the Standard Renderer Pipeline. Today I thought I'd switch to LWRP because of ShaderGraph. Anyway, after switching the project over I found my entire viewport (scene view) is black. Like pitch black. I disabled the PP Layer component and it displayed properly (but without effects).

At first I thought perhaps because the PP profile had AO and I know LWRP doesn't support AO so I removed it along with Motion Blur. Still the same thing.

I am getting this error in the console:
    RenderingCommandBuffer: invalid pass index 1 in DrawMesh

I tried using older version of PP (instead of 2.1.7, 2.1.6 or even 2.1.4) but didn't fix the issue. I am on 2018.4.1f1 (LTS. Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks.

2. jaydee_programming

jaydee_programming

Hi,

I needed to re-import the PP package after moving to LWRP:

• Reboot Unity
    • Project > Packages > Right-click Post Processing folder > Reimport

Not sure if re-importing is always necessary (not mentioned in the current documentation), but other threads have reported the issue as well:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/lwrp-and-post-processing.668560/

3. Vallar

Vallar

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately didn't fix it. Rebooting didn't work and switching versions (essentially a reimport I think) didn't work all of which I did after moving to LWRP.

Now typing this... could it be an issue with Cinemachine?

4. jaydee_programming

jaydee_programming

LWRP is officially supported on 2019.1, not sure about 2018.x. You could try using 2019.1, upgrade PP and whatever. You could make a new project, and add in all your major elements one by one to figure out what is breaking.

5. Vallar

Vallar

I finally got it fixed. Apparently, I needed to remove LWRP and reinstall it a couple of times until the PP recognized I am working with LWRP and locked non-LWRP features off. Removing once and reinstalling didn't work, so did it again and it just worked. Perhaps it is a bug in PackMan not updating the dependencies correctly.