Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

LWRP and Post Processing

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by KingKRoecks, Apr 26, 2019.

1. KingKRoecks

KingKRoecks

I haven't been able to find anything that explicitly says one way or the other if Post Processing effects should work on the LWRP.

Can anyone answer this simple "yes" or "no"?

The package does appear to be in the project, but seems to cause failures during build and glitchy behavior in the view. (Toggling effects results in black output from camera)

One such failure:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Shader error in 'Hidden/PostProcessing/Debug/Overlays': failed to open source file: '../StdLib.hlsl' at line 6 (on d3d11)
    4. Compiling Vertex program
    5. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

2. Snorkel

Snorkel

Yes they work, I'm using the Bloom & Color grading from the post process stack.
    I think some effects don't work yet like ambient occlusion. But most of them do.

3. Snorkel

Snorkel

Ok seems most of them don't work except ones I was using (bloom, color grading, vignette).
    I'm getting same error on rest.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Yes

This error occurs due to a shader compiler / package manager issue and can be fixed by simply restarting Unity or reimporting the post-processing files (Project panel -> Packages -> Right click on Post-Processing and Reimport).

5. transat

transat

I'm not sure that's the fix. At least not for me. It seems the error is linked to the path being relative. Changing the links to absolute paths is the temporary hack I'm using.

EDIT: Actually, reimporting did fix issue. But it has to be reimported via the project window it seems, not the package manager.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Jimthev likes this.
  6. dev_reimu

dev_reimu

I know this is old, but how can I get color grading now in 2019.3.11f?

7. transat

transat

The Unity docs are pretty woeful. You can check this video instead :

If you have more questions about this, try to find a more current thread on the forum, for a better chance of getting a reply. But granted, searching on this forum is a woeful process as well. Welcome to Unity. And good luck. You’ll need it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  8. dev_reimu

dev_reimu

I've been using Unity for 3 years now so I'm not exactly new, but I'm also not a pro. Also, thank you so much you save me months of work!

transat likes this.