Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Low Resolution?

Discussion in 'VR' started by mz00956, Dec 16, 2021.

1. mz00956

mz00956

I don't know why but in Unity the Oculus Quest 2 uses a lower resolution.
    A Textsize that I can easily read in Half Life Alyx on the Q2 is not possible to read in Unity...
    Are there some options where I can increase the Resolution?

Top Image is from the Quest as you can see you can't read the Text
    The Bottom Screen was from my second monitor. It's also not the best but it's way better than in VR.
    I use uDesktopDuplication for the screen capture.
    https://github.com/hecomi/uDesktopDuplication
    VirtualDesktop.Android-20211204-104752.jpg Screenshot 2021-12-04 104916.png

2. krakentanz

krakentanz

Hey, the most straightforward approach to this would be increasing the render resolution at which the image is rendered internally. If on URP go to your Universal Render Pipeline Asset and in the Inspector increase the Render Scale. Careful thought: this is qickly becoming very expensive, even if you just set it to 1.2.

Alternatively you can play around with these adb commands to increase the render texture resolution of your Quest 2 (keep in mind that these will reset when you restart the device):

adb shell setprop debug.oculus.textureWidth 4000
    adb shell setprop debug.oculus.textureHeight 4000

Try various numbers. 4000 is pretty random.

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Iirc this locks you out of FFR, I try to stick to MSAA to fix low res looking images