Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter the 2020.2 Beta Sweepstakes for a chance to win an Oculus Quest 2.
    Dismiss Notice

Lots of busy... Hold on.... etc?

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by hippocoder, Feb 22, 2020.

1. marck_ozz

marck_ozz

It is possible to file a bug and include the Unity project file without the Library folder? have you tried that?

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Yes that's possible. If you follow what I wrote earlier, just exclude the Library folder from the zip archive.

If you submit with the bug reporter tool, you can remove and add files/folders in the list at the bottom. I would remove the project folder and add a zip file that contains everything I want to submit. You could also just add all the folders you want to submit to the list though.

3. marck_ozz

marck_ozz

Thanks, it helped to upload my Bug Report and it was answered. However it solution was partially functional.

Peter77 likes this.
  4. valarus

valarus

Occasionally, when closing HDRP project in 20.1.5, Unity froze. I had to quit it in task manager to close it.
    This doesn't happen every time.

Capture2.JPG

5. Okido

Okido

Unity is nigh unusable since the 2020 update. It is not just when hitting play, but every time I try to move or rename a file in the project window I get several seconds of "Hold On" messages. It is not the presence of the message box - there is a massive performance issue with Unity 2020. CPU usage also shoots up to 100% for several seconds. Just spent about 30 minutes doing a 5 minute folder cleanup job because of this

goncalo-vasconcelos and mattvnr like this.
  6. deab

deab

An observation - I was seeing these delays constantly after updating to 2020.1. Due to the task I was performing I had another (older) version of Unity Editor open, but with only a single Unity Editor instance I've had no real issues.

7. MCillor

MCillor

I was also having this nightmare of a problem, I changed a line of code, opened the editor. 45s of waiting time. Then, another 45s waiting time.
    Ok, good. Now I press the play button, and guess what? Another 45s of waiting time.
    Really small project less than 5 scripts and 1 3D model.
    But with some preview packages installed (DOTS).

I was about to give up, but searching the internet I found a solution that worked for me.
    Just change to run with the Integrated Graphics board. It seems that Unity and NVIDIA are not getting along.

8. d2king10

d2king10

I am on 2020.1.6f1 and was having this issue. The above worked for me. Note: After removing the package (Window > Package Manager. Select "In Project" from the top drop down and it should appear there) you will get a bunch of errors (or at least I did). Re-opening the project fixed the errors and now I no longer get the excessive processing popups.

It does make me wonder why Unity puts this package on by default when not everyone will need it. Seems like it should be an opt-in like most of their other packages.

Cenda likes this.
  9. 100772

Unity 2020.1.6f1 - 27 min Hold on ((

Attached Files:

float likes this.
  10. Cenda

Cenda

I can also confirm, that Unity Collaborate Package is the problem. After delete, it works as 2019 :)

Avalin likes this.
  11. caseyfarina

caseyfarina

I'm in 2020.1.2f1 and removing the collaborate package worked. Now I don't have to wait 40 seconds for playmode to activate.

12. DilzwieldKing

DilzwieldKing

Yep, just wanted to hop in and say that I'm in 2020.1.6 and deleting the Unity Collaborate package seems to have worked for now

Had me worried that my computer was dying or something but in hindsight the long loading time seems to have only appeared when I switched from 2019 to 2020 a few weeks ago :confused:

13. Fimiam

Fimiam

this is really awful. Unity just became a glitching tool after 2020 releasing.

"Hold on" window always appears after: did something in the scene, start play mode, end play mode, moves some files.

and it's even doesn't load a CPU or memory. It feels like it''s just broken. Help?
    Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png Screenshot_3.png

14. Zaskar7777

Zaskar7777

I just saw this thread. Application.reload is creating too many problems for me.

See my thread here.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/application-reload.989720/

Application.reload is freezing my Unity editor every second time and I have end task every time.

This is how I am working past one hour.

1. Start Unity
    2. Make changes
    3. Test
    4. End task,
    5. Start Unity.......

How can someone continue to work with this approach? I am failing to understand why Unity wanted to add this popup.

I am now stuck with my project. I cannot make progress. I need help. Please if someone can guide me here.

Thank You!

15. Deozaan

Deozaan

Supposedly Unity's behavior is not any different. It's just that now the pop-up will tell you why the editor is frozen rather than you just sitting there wondering what it's doing or why it's not responding.

In other words, according to Unity, even without this pop-up you'd still be experiencing a locked-up editor and having to end task to continue working.

16. Zaskar7777

Zaskar7777

I tried removing unused components from the package manager, disabled auto-refresh. This is not helping at all.

I worked for 16 hours today and 4 hours spent on closing and restarting Unity. I have just started work on the project with this approach I will not be able to finish it at all.
    Yep, you are right Deozaan! In fact I downgraded my project and opened in 2019.4.1 [LTS] hoping I will not have the problem. Though the popups don't appear the editor still freezes.

I am now embarking on recreating the project from grounds up as I don't see any solution to come out of the current problem.

unityunity