Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Lot of noise with Orthographic camera and Ray Tracing

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by FOXAcemond, May 29, 2020.

1. FOXAcemond

FOXAcemond

When I set y camera to orthographic, there is a lot of noise added to the Ray Tracing Global Illumination.
    This amount of noise disappears instantly when the camera is set to perspective.

There is already a denoiser that makes two passes on the noise.

Isn't there something I can do about that?

2. auzaiffe

auzaiffe

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Unfortunately, ray tracing effects are not compatible with orthgraphic projection (not only RTGI). They will eventually be, but I do not have any timeframe to share right now.

Best,

3. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

4. FOXAcemond

FOXAcemond

Hello, thank you for this.

I've noticed that noise appear in a wide range of cases when using HDRP so I gave up on the pipeline completely. It was doing more harm than good in my case. Maybe I'll convert back to it when it's more stable.

5. Magasenakwa

Magasenakwa

In my case I have insane noise in 2019 LTS using normal Perspective camera
    Also, for some reason my terrain refuses to show. :(

Before I added an override to enable Path Tracing to my global volume my meshes all vanished but the terrain was there. After I added Path Tracing to the global volume my geometry appeared, my terrain vanished and my entire scene looks like a TV with a serious need for an antenna adjustment :(

Any assistance in getting rid of this noise and getting my terrain back would be most welcome!