Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking For Contributor looking for help with a basic save load for objects in scene

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by meshulator, May 3, 2024.

1. meshulator

meshulator

i have been using unity for a very long time, but when it comes to coding, I just can't get the pieces of code i have tried to work together.
    i have followed and tried tons of tutorials and i cant get them to work.

i think from what I've read, i need to give them IDs, then serialize them, not sure if i need to put them in a list, dictionary or array.

don't try to explain it to me, cause I have a left sided brain.

i want to save a few rocks, plants, trees and and moving things like bugs and snails,
    with location and rotation, with some stats for like color, size and level, etc.

save them in something like a json file, then load them back into a scene when the game starts.
    i have got a simple patrol bot save and load back into the scene with some stats, but have had bad luck with more then one object, i get caught up in the looping through the objects and reloading them back into the scene.

not trying to make a game, just want a sim i can play with and test my art and animations in.

i don't have a lot of money but I'm willing to pay with what every I can for help

I've been photogrammetry, going to build a small realistic scene for a gnome to run around in and interact with.

so if you want to help. send me a message here or post here, not sure how this works.

Attached Files: