Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an asset "A Node Based Class / Script Visualizer"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MoribitoMT, Aug 23, 2017.

1. MoribitoMT

MoribitoMT

Hi,

It may sound weird, buy I look for an asset that I can visualize my own script ( my own C sharp classes and interactions ). So, I do not want to create visual scripts, I just want to keep writing my codes in monobehaviour but I want to visually see their sequences, interactions, behaviours during runtime, etc..

Assets similar
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/53147
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/36124

These assets shows class / reference relations, but I look for more advanced stuff, which will show all execution of sequence, variable passes, etc..

Regards.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

there was a crazy looking thing some1 was making that was like 3d ... idk what happened to it.. i think they gave up on it?? it looked like exactly what i wanted though... :( i remember checking up on it like 4 or so months after i seen it but there was never any new web presence ... wish i remember what it was called..

and there was an awesome logic bricks editor that turned the logic bricks into C# and the C# into logic bricks it looked AWESOME ... buut.. they discontinued support / devving it around Unity 5's release... i think Unity changed something about the asset store they werent happy about ... :( .. it looked SOO AWESOME!!! :( :(
    "uScript"
    .... hmmm... looks like they are supporting/ devving it again yaay!! ... never tried it but it looks like what i want.. i thiink....

my project is really complex and its beginning to become hard to understand what is all going on lol

.. ive just been using Doxygen (not a unity asset) to auto-document / visualize my code, but its really not as great as i would hope for... ... it just makes UML stuff, and tells you what methods call or called by what methods .. which... idk is better than nothing .. its nice for when i have to add or change old code and i dont remember all the relationships, but its not entirely what id wish for..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2017
    MoribitoMT likes this.
  3. MoribitoMT

MoribitoMT

Uscript still on, but i dont know it is for me. I do not want to visual script without coding, i want to visualize my own c# classes, their interactions and behvaiours.. i look node based visual diagrams on real time..

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

If your code formatting is anything like your post formatting then I can understand why. :p

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

yeah def, i have no idea how to properly structure, like, engineer code relations and stuffs... and i have no idea how to learn it either, cause like traditional C# learning material seems to hardly even apply to unity ... :(

lol all the unity tutorial videos are for ultra mega super small little projects and ive never seen an example of a big project lool... :(

... ah... yeahhh... i guess uScript just makes it so you can use your existing C# code as logic bricks... it doesnt like visualize your whole project or anything like that, i guess.. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2017
    MoribitoMT likes this.
  6. Ryiah

Ryiah

From what I have heard (I haven't verified it yet) Colossal Order doesn't obfuscate the code for Cities Skylines. If you own a copy of the game you should be able to decompile it to see an example of the code for a big project. Below is a link with more details assembled by the modding community.

http://skylines-modding-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/modding/Workflow/Reverse-Engineering.html

7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Very few Unity games obfuscate. So you can open up the source code of most games and see how they approached it. I frequently take a peek into many of my games to get a feel.

Of course seeing a massive complicated game made by many people is still a major step away from making one.

8. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I believe that Visual Studio has a visual class structure tool built in, though I'm not sure of either what it's called or what versions it's available in.

9. Ryiah

Ryiah

There are at least a couple different visual class structure tools built into it. One of them is Class Designer.

But I suspect you're referring to the Code Map. Fairly certain it requires Visual Studio Enterprise too.

angrypenguin likes this.
  10. Chris_Brech

Chris_Brech

Sorry to necro this thread, but I was looking for the same thing and was wondering if there have been any recent tools available for free or very cheap?

farlabcornell likes this.