Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Linux platform is missing!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by MidniteOil, May 29, 2022.

1. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Greetings,

I just tried load and older project that targeted Linux (it's a multiplayer server I wrote last year). It's targeting Unity 2020.1.6f1.

When I try to open it I get a message saying Build Target LinuxSupport is not supported. Support for build target platform 'LinuxSupport' is not installed. I am given the option of switching the target or exiting Unity.

If I switch target and open the project, the Linux target is missing and I see no way to install it!
    upload_2022-5-29_9-45-21.png

TBirdPattern likes this.
  2. Ryiah

Ryiah

You install it through the Hub. Open the Hub, navigate to Installs, and click the gear symbol on the appropriate release and then click Add Modules. From there choose the appropriate Linux modules.

3. MidniteOil

MidniteOil

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there is no Install Modules options.
    upload_2022-5-29_15-37-53.png

TBirdPattern likes this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

In that case you'll need to download and install them manually. The release notes has direct links to everything.

https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2020.1.6

TBirdPattern and nixalott like this.
  5. LyonStanford

LyonStanford

That's a bummer that you're running into trouble with the Linux target on Unity. Installing it through the Hub is definitely the way to go. Just head over to the Installs section, hit the gear icon for the right release, and add the Linux modules you need. By the way, if you're looking for some extra peace of mind, you might want to check out https://tuxcare.com. They offer ELS for various Linux distros, which means you'll get long-term support even after the standard support period has ended. It's like a security blanket for your Linux setup.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023