Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Lights blocked by light

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by CodeMateo, Jun 7, 2020.

1. CodeMateo

CodeMateo

Hey guys, I'm new to unity and I'm trying to create a 2D game. My game consists of a randomly generated dungeon, that is completely black except for your torch that you hold in your game. A problem I'm having is trying to get the light to not go through the walls. I wanted to know if it is possible if I could add a script to my light that wouldn't allow my light to go through the wall whenever there is a box collider of some sort (as to create realism). Thank you to anyone who replies.

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

If you're using 3d models to make a 2d style game, try making the walls thicker. Normally, that would solve that problem.

3. CodeMateo

CodeMateo

That's too funny lol. I found out about shadow casters 2D, and I also implemented a better art style that added thicker walls. But thanks anyways man