Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved LightingData not illuminating the scene

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by wearequadgames, May 4, 2022.

1. wearequadgames

wearequadgames

I'm using bakery to bake light for some scene and the unity's default lighting to bake some scene. Suddenly the scene was not illuminated by the new lighting data i was baking and it was showing the previous baked light even if i save the scene. So i deleted the baked data from bakery and bake a new light form unity's default baking system. While i bake the scene and baking is completed, it shows the the data working fine. The sample is here:
    Working Light.png

But when i save the scene, open some other scene and come back to this scene, the scene is not illuminated at all. The lighting data still shows the correct image for baked light but it is not illuminating the scene. Here is the image after reopening the scene:
    NotWorking Light.png

Here is my lighting settings:
    Settings.png

Unity version: 2019.4.19f1

2. wearequadgames

wearequadgames

I found the solution. I had to clear the bakery lighting data from Bakery ->Utilities -> clear baked data to use unity's default built lighting data

3. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Glad that you've managed to solve it! Going forward, please reach out to Bakery developer for support. This forum is intended for pre-computed GI solutions that ship with Unity.