Search Unity

Is Unity netwroking powerful enough for something like this?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DonGato, Jun 4, 2011.

1. DonGato

DonGato

8 (maybe more) fully physics driven characters bumping into each other a lot (and at fast speeds), with little to no noticeable lag?

Opinions?

2. handsomePATT

handsomePATT

3. tonyf1121

tonyf1121

easily look at BSG online a legit mmo and plus im making an mmo and my server can host up to 10k players atm :D

4. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Quite possible. If the programmer is good at networking, it can easily be done with Unity :D.

5. DonGato

DonGato

That's a bit different, in an MMO most of the players don't need to know every detail about where every other player is, plus lag is less critical, and usually you don't have high-speed collisions and physics and such...

6. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

It is indeed quite possible in unity. If the programmer can do networking, then it is easily possible.

7. DonGato

DonGato

That's a bit different, in an MMO most of the players don't need to know every detail about where every other player is, plus lag is less critical, and usually you don't have high-speed collisions and physics and such...

8. DonGato

DonGato

9. BloodWraith86

BloodWraith86

What middleware do you use for your server? Photon? Smartfox? Electrotank? Ulink?

10. BloodWraith86

BloodWraith86

What middleware do you use for your server? Photon? Smartfox? Electrotank? Ulink?

11. DonGato

DonGato

I cannot see any posts pas tonyf1121's for some reason (including my own) so sorry if I double/triple/whatever posted...

12. 2dfxman

2dfxman

It's not just possible, it's very easy too. This isn't even complex or heavy.