Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is there a way to set continuous collision or do multiple simulation steps per frame?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by alloystorm, Mar 7, 2023.

1. alloystorm

alloystorm

When objects move too fast, they just go through other objects without collision.

In the old physics system this is easy to do, but I haven't found anything similar in the ECS physics system.

2. JMPM-UNITY

JMPM-UNITY

Unity Technologies

Hey @alloystorm, could I ask you if you could zip your project or isolate a separate scene or make a bug report so we could debug it and figure out what is going on behind the scenes? Thank you!

3. alloystorm

alloystorm

I'm not reporting a bug or anything.

I'm just asking what's the new way of doing the following things since the documentation is not very detailed in most parts.

1. Adjusting physics simulation steps, previously you can use Physics.Simulate(delta); to manually step the physics but I can seem to find the equivalent in the ECS Physics system.

2. Previously you can set collision type of a rigidbody to continuous but is there an equivalent of that in the new system?