Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro Is TextMeshPro not working with new Prefab system?!

Discussion in 'Unity UI (uGUI) & TextMesh Pro' started by andyz, Mar 25, 2019.

1. andyz

andyz

Any prefab instance that contains a TextMeshPro UI text seems to be considered permanently different to its root prefab.
    Click the Overrides button on the instance and it will always show any TextMeshPro UGUI script as being different even though they are the same

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

This behavior was addressed in version 1.4.0 of TMP. The only (known) remaining issue which is outside the control of TMP is the Mesh Filter which shows up in the override because the mesh is not persistent but tracked by the prefab system because of the mesh filter component. The Prefab team is currently looking at ways to handle similar cases.

andyz likes this.
  3. andyz

andyz

Thanks, I am still using 1.3.0 because the package manager is a bit vague as to 1.4.0 (it says 1.3.0 is up to date and 2018.3 verified, 1.4.0 is available under the version drop though)

Avalin likes this.
  4. andyz

andyz

So is 1.4.0 still under development or will be marked as the up to date version for 2018.3? Why is TextMesh Pro1.3.0 not marked as update available in 2018.3.8, which version is it?

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I am not sure why 1.4.0 doesn't show up / marked as an update. But 1.4.0 will be / should get verified shortly.

Unless I mark a release as -preview, you can assume that release is not a beta / development versions.

andyz likes this.