Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Is it possible to send iOS and Android push notification from cloud code?

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by samhain323, May 7, 2024.

1. samhain323

samhain323

Hello,

I have mobile push notifications set up and working with the test from the dashboard. I also have the sending of player messages from cloud code working (i.e. SendPlayerMessageAsync).

What I want is to be able to use UGS to send mobile push notifications from cloud code (or from a trigger if that's not possible). I can't figure out how to send push notifications from Cloud Functions like I can player messages.

Is there any way to do this?

I have a turn based game, and one of the things I use the notifications for is to let a player know when their opponent has moved. I was using playfab and Azure to do this previously. Whenever a player would move, I would send a mobile push notification to the opponent via Azure functions. I'm not sure how to do this with UGS.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited: May 8, 2024