Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ipad stumped

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by xixac, Apr 30, 2010.

1. xixac

xixac

I am having 2 issues I can't seem to figure out when trying to get a project converted to the iPad. It would be really cool if someone could share some insights.

1. The game is in horizontal mode. So to overcome the portrait only restriction I rotate the camera 270º. Works, but no matter what I try, I can't get guiTexts to appear in landscape format. I thought those are linked to the camera ...

2. It seems that some have successfully used the simulator for testing iPad projects. That's great news - finally to have that possibility even if it is only for the iPad. All I get however are tons of warnings (mostly regarding ForeIncludes) no matter what configuration of the built project I use.

TIA : )

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You can't rotate GUITexts or GUITextures. However, you don't need to rotate the camera at all, just use iPhoneSettings.screenOrientation.

--Eric

3. xixac

xixac

Yeah - i know you can't rotate guitexts - that's why I tried rotating the camera instead of using the script solution. Unfortunately the game uses timers, scores etc with guiTexts, guiTextures. I misunderstood the docs I guess:
    "A GUI Layer Component is attached to a Camera to enable rendering of 2D GUIs."

Thanks anyway - looks like anything w/ guiTexts will have to wait for some future version of the editor.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Rotating the camera or rotating GUITexts would still involve rotating them either way, which can't be done.

No...you seem to have missed my second sentence: "However, you don't need to rotate the camera at all, just use iPhoneSettings.screenOrientation."

--Eric

5. xixac

xixac

@Eric

Thanks so much ; ) I had tried iPhoneSettings.screenOrientation and kinda given up, but after your post I re-examined my implementation and was able to fix it. Looks like this might become a valid iPad project after all - thanks to you ; )