Search Unity

Introducing brainCloud BaaS for Unity, works with UNET!

Discussion in 'UNet' started by winterhalder, Aug 27, 2015.

1. winterhalder

winterhalder

Hi,

I’m Paul Winterhalder, Co-founder / CDO / Product Manager of brainCloud, and wanted to take a moment to introduce our Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) platform. After 3.5 years of development we soft-launched in November, and have been organically building a community of developers (over 300 signed up so far).

Obviously we developers have a lot of options when it comes to toolsets, but we’re confident that if you check us out you’ll agree that brainCloud has a lot to offer. Things like:

#1 - The deepest gaming feature set:
    • Multiplayer - Built-in Async Turn-by-turn and One-way (clash-type) multiplayer, plus compatible with UNET, Photon, Steam, and more
    • Matchmaking - Supports custom filters
    • Achievements - Unlimited, syncs with native platforms
    • Leaderboards - Unlimited, with configurable resets
    • Player XP & Levels - Define your XP levels and level-up rewards in our design portal
    • Milestones & Quests - let your designer(s) define your player goals server-side, including rewards for meeting them
    • Push Notifications - For iOS, Android, and Facebook
    • Virtual Currencies - multiple virtual currencies support - tied to our product (IAP) and rewards systems, of course
    • Tuning parameters (Global Properties) - tweak your app in real-time!

#2 - The most flexible API
    • Authentication - anonymous, FB, e-mail, GameCenter, GoogleID, SteamId, etc.
    • Cloud Data - support for simple real-time (concurrency safe) statistics all the way up to full, complex (json-based) entities. Organized and scoped by player and/or available globally by game.
    • Cloud Code - run your own javascript code on our servers. Even schedule scripts to be run in the future!
    • External web services - make calls to external servers from within cloud code
    • Server-to-server - receive requests from external services… (useful for custom tools, multiplayer servers, etc.)

#3 - The richest monetization features
    • Cross-platform pricing controls
    • Server-side receipt validation (reduce piracy!)
    • Scheduled Promotions - set up reduced pricing for sales ahead-of-time
    • Targeted Promotions - define player segments, and send promotional push notifications to players automatically when they enter them
    • IAP Support for all the major app stores, including Apple iOS, Google Play, Windows Store, BlackBerry World, Facebook, Valve Steam, etc.

#4 - The best tools
    • Design Portal to define your apps and associated meta-data, tune-able in real-time after release
    • API Explorer to learn and try out the API, even before you touch code
    • Monitoring features to view global and player data live, view logs, debug
    • Reporting features to view key metrics - DAU, #Sessions, Purchases, Platform usage, etc.

#5 - The least expensive pricing model
    • brainCloud charges based on actual usage - # of API calls per month
    • Pricing starts at $30 / month for 6M API calls - which for the average app is good for 2000 Daily Active Users
    • And note - brainCloud’s API has been designed to keep API counts low (saving server utilization, thus our costs, and thus your costs). Our app developers average about 100 API calls / DAU. In fact, any API calls you make from Cloud Code scripts are free - so you are incentivized to use Cloud Code to optimize your app, which in return lowers your costs - win:win!

And of course, we’ve got great Unity Support - we provide a native C# library (with IDE plug-in) for iOS, Android, PC, Web, etc.

I could say more, but even *my* eyes are starting to glaze over now. I hope you’ll come by to check us out.

http://getbraincloud.com

Registration is Free, Development is Free - you only pay when you go live - and our fees are the lowest in the business.

Plus check out our UNET example game, brainCloud Bombers! Full source code available on GitHub:
    http://getbraincloud.com/apidocs/tutorials/unity-tutorials/braincloud-bombers-example-game/

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers!

Paul.

Rodolfo-Rubens likes this.
  2. jasonMcintosh

jasonMcintosh

The service looks great, from what I have seen!

Do you have a community forum? I am unable to locate any sort of community for brainCloud. You would benefit in many ways by allowing users to help each other in a public forum. And while the documentation seems top notch, it's just documentation. There are a lot of experiential details and gotchas that can be discovered in a short time by reading forums.

Community support shouldn't be underestimated. It's a product feature, in my book.

3. Xuzon

Xuzon

This service seems amazing!!
    But I have a question about the multiplayer.
    My team are planning to release a multiplayer game in a few months but with Unet in preview we can have only 100 CCU, with this service the CCU is over because we use your servers, isn't it?

4. arnesso

arnesso

I really love it !!

How would be possible to use my own server (MySQL) ? I have not found what files should be on my server
    thank you :)