Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug InputSystem 1.8.2 on Unity 6 Beta is broken

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Spoilerast, May 2, 2024.

1. Spoilerast

Spoilerast

I'm just updated InputSystem to latest version and receive Console error:
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.inputsystem\InputSystem\Plugins\UI\InputSystemUIInputModuleEditor.cs(19,13): 
    error CS0103:
    The name 'InputModuleComponentFactory' does not exist in the current context

double-click leads to this code (line 8 here):
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     [CustomEditor(typeof(InputSystemUIInputModule))]
    2.     [InitializeOnLoad]
    3.     internal class InputSystemUIInputModuleEditor : UnityEditor.Editor
    4.     {
    5.         static InputSystemUIInputModuleEditor()
    6.         {
    7. #if UNITY_6000_0_OR_NEWER && ENABLE_INPUT_SYSTEM
    8.             InputModuleComponentFactory.SetInputModuleComponentOverride(
    9.                 go => ObjectFactory.AddComponent<InputSystemUIInputModule>(go));
    10. #endif
    11.         }
    I created a new blank Unity project like this:

Its create project with InputSystem 1.8.1 and after update to latest this error appears.

As you can see, my Editor version is 6000.0.0b15. Now in UnityHub we have 6000.0.0f1 but...

2. Adrian

Adrian

The InputSystem package 1.8.2 is obviously incompatible with the Unity 6 beta release you're using. There's no issue with it using Unity 6.0.0f1.

Beta releases aren't supported, especially not after the beta period has ended with the final release. Issues like these are to be expected, Unity won't put in extra effort to make sure there are no incompatibilities with outdated beta releases.

You can either try to use an older version of the InputSystem package or upgrade your Unity version.

3. Spoilerast

Spoilerast

Yep, I figured it out. Reporting just in case

4. Spy-Master

Spy-Master