Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingame Terrain editing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iceboundjester8, Jan 3, 2020.

?

Would editing terrain help immersion in a realistic open world rpg game?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. Maybe

50.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Iceboundjester8

Iceboundjester8

I'm pretty new to unity and am really excited to get to make my ideas come to life. Recently i've been having an idea to have a simmi open world game that involves the player to physically "excavate" the lands. I was wondering if there was anything out there related to 3d ingame terrain editing for players other than to make it change with code. Id want it to look as real as possible to "edit" the surroundings. I guess most of the "realism" will come form the graphics, animations, and sounds but i still am wondering is i could code a algorithm that will aout edit the terrain accurately depending on what he character is using and what their stats are. I appreciate the help if anyone could point me an a direction or help any. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Iceboundjester8

Iceboundjester8