Search Unity

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Crystabel

Crystabel

Hi! I came across your assets the other day and I am so impressed with the amount of customization available. My son and I are creating an RPG and it was feeling pretty overwhelming to us in the 3d models department. We purchased your skeleton pack, and liked it so much that I then signed up for your subscription + bonus. So yeah, now i'm really excited for new releases because i seriously need those weapons packs, LOL. :)
    The caves pack sounds really cool, looking forward to that! From your wish list i like the idea of sprites, giant rats, centaurs. I'd love to see some wolves in the future, ranging from ice wolf to hellhound. You have a great selection so far and I'm definitely using at least 14 asset packs, and more if they fit the enemies we've already created. I may even switch out some of our planned mobs for assets you already have.
    Great work! Looking forward to seeing what's coming up next. :)

JBR-games and infinitypbr like this.
  2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Glad to hear it! I'm always happy to hear that someone appreciates the customization the way I do!! :D

Generally I'm not the fastest to release new stuff, but I'm always trying to get to a really nice cadence of at least 1 new character a month, if not more. Some months I'm able to get a bunch out back to back, but other times, like right now, there are dry spells.

Crystabel likes this.
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Also, I'd love to see your game when you're ready to show WIPs!

Crystabel likes this.
  4. Crowvyn

Crowvyn

I'd love to use your work for our project. Is everything HDRP ready? I saw that the armor pack is HDRP ready but not the human characters? And just to make sure: before you are done with rigging, the armor pack won't be usable with the human characters in it's current state right?

5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

They're all HDRP ready, even those that don't say it, in the sense that the maps will work just fine in HDRP. They don't use any HDRP specific features, but basically they all work just fine. The ones that specifically say HDRP simply have a .unitypackage file included with HDRP versions of the materials, so you don't have to set those up yourself. But you can :D

Here's a bunch of models in the Book of the Dead, back from over a year ago now:

Crowvyn and JBR-games like this.
  6. Crowvyn

Crowvyn

AWESOME! I somehow missed that video before.

Well, can't wait for rigged armor :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Still working on cool characters... Animation is the bottle neck at the moment.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 4.09.25 PM.png

UrgeT, Crystabel and Acissathar like this.
  8. User4657

User4657

Can I convince you to make your assets UMA-compatible?

As I understand it, right now you're adding blend shapes to each piece of clothing to match the different body shapes. So with 3 races out, you have to handle 6 different base models (male and female), add all relevant blend shapes and prevent clipping.

UMA modifies the bones instead of using blend shapes, meaning you're all set up after rigging without having to make any blendshapes and since you can hide the underlying body mesh, you don't have to worry about any clipping.
    It also supports adding extra bones for certain equipment, so adding extra bones for a ponytail or a sword or such can be done on the fly.
    While it would take a while to modify your existing models, in the long run you would probably save a lot of time.

For us buyers it would be very handy to have compatibility out of the box with other assets like LipSync Pro or other UMA assets and improved performance thanks to baked textures and meshes. And who doesn't want to see a fish man with human armor?

Edit so there are no misunderstandings: One can and should of course add blend shapes for facial expressions and such.

infinitypbr likes this.
  9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I would like my stuff to support UMA. We've tried in the past to do so, but had no idea how to get it to work. Unfortunately the docs that I had at the time for UMA went over my head. I'm not sure what it would take to get it to work.

10. psistalk

psistalk

11. User4657

User4657

Secret Anorak's videos are really useful and up-to-date (except for the DNA?), as far as I can see. There are also two PDFs in the UMA folder (UMA Documentation and UMAContentCreation) which one should read and there is the official thread in this forum.
    In your case I would definitely get in contact with @Jaimi too.

I played around a bit with UMA for the last few weeks, here is a general idea what would have to be done:
    • Delete most blend shapes, exceptions are facial animations and other dynamically used blend shapes (you could replace them too, but then you have to worry about the UMA Power Tools)
    • Add child bones to the skeleton and rig the mesh only to those bones, these will replace the blend shapes. Note the required 'Global' and 'Position' bones.
    • Correctly import the models into Unity (really read the pdf files, the orientation is important)
    • Use the Slot Builder which essentially creates "UMA prefabs", create the Overlays ("UMA textures"), the DNAs ("UMA blend shapes") and connect them all using Race Data and Text Recipe.

Especially the first three steps would propably take a lot of time, especially if you target compatibility with other assets. Almost certainly there are more steps I didn't consider since I didn't dive that deep into UMA.
    But you would propably save this time when you add more armor options, so I hope you have a look into it when you're working on those.

infinitypbr likes this.
  12. Crystabel

Crystabel

Not sure if here is where i put this question? I clicked on Support from your site but I get a Unity Forum Error Page.
    Also, my Unity exp is almost nil. My son is the programmer, I'm doing the design stuff so this may just be complete ignorance on my part.
    Is there a way to name the files themselves with a descriptor in the mass exporter? For example, I'm working in the weapons scenes, Spears & Staffs, and I make them all ice & stone textured. Now when I mass export, I can group name them in exporter, and I get the ice & stone folder in exported materials. But the files themselves have the same name as the files in the game ready folders. It's still called Spear003. So I am adding -Ice&Stone to the end of each file. Sample: tex_Spear003-Ice&Stone. Spear003-Ice&Stone. Can that be done somewhere in the exporter? And I guess the bigger question, is it even necessary at all? I'm just assuming I need names that are different. (the way you added 'alt' to the axes in the tutorial video)
    Seriously, I love the customizing! I'm having so much fun with all of the weapons. Thanks!!
    AxeIce&Stone.jpg Spears&StaffsIce&Stone.jpg

infinitypbr likes this.
  13. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't think there is, without writing more code in the exporter. An editor script could be written to add the parent folder name as a prefix or suffix to the name of anything in it, that would make renaming the files a bit easier, if you're doing a lot.

Otherwise, it really depends on your preference -- that is, keeping the textures a child of the correctly named folder could suffice, but is a preference thing.

14. Crystabel

Crystabel

Ok, thanks!

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

We tried to do that before -- I pay the people I work with, so unfortunately it was money not well spent as we got no where :)

Right now I don't actually make much money, and I'm not sure I'd make much more if these were UMA -- the investment is a lot for what I see as a risky endeavor.

I just can't spend the $$$ for it.

User4657 likes this.
  16. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Being released tonight, if all goes well!

7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg TextureCustomization.jpg FacesAndMask.jpg

17. Zarkow

Zarkow

Looks awesome - btw, you links in your signature all leads to 404 returns. Might need to update them, to avoid losing sales when people cannot easily reach your stuff in the store.

Edit: Btw, is there a chart or something with plans regarding Audio for already released packs. Need to figure out what characters to include and which to perhaps hold back for a coming Early Access release in the Steam store.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    infinitypbr likes this.
  18. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Interesting...looks like the URL is somehow changing, even just copying the URL changes what is originally written.

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Not yet, but I keep thinking I need this -- for myself as much for anyone else! Audio is something I'd like to keep providing -- I need a new sound person, but the budget is such that there isn't that much extra to go around, so the better sound people are unfortunately too pricey.

20. psistalk

psistalk

I was wondering if you are considering adding a dwarf package, it would go verry well with the human package. Thank you for the great assets.

infinitypbr likes this.
  21. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Originally, yes. However, as the Elf / Half-orc dragged on and on (almost over, I swear!), I cut the Dwarf as I didn't even have a body to work from, let alone wardrobe. Perhaps in the future, but I want to get the whole "Humanoid" system up, with the three sharing wardrobe and armor packs, before I consider that. The cost is very high for humanoids ($8000-$10000+ just on modeling and animation, not including the time I spend), and the return simply isn't there. The elves, for instance, have only sold a few times since launch.

22. psistalk

psistalk

I bought human and elf both. There great packs! Have you thought of putting your packages on other 3d sites for sale this may help with the number of sales. The modler for the humans has a lot of talent these models are top notch.

infinitypbr likes this.
  23. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Well, the modeler is no longer with me either :D The half-orc was the last thing he worked on, everything since then has been other modelers.

I need to put more on the other sites, but the other sites are a fraction, a small fraction, of Asset Store. I think CGTrader works out to about $30-$50 a month on average.

JBR-games likes this.
  24. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This is coming soon. Not today, but should be done soon, once the animations are ironed out.
    Blendshapes_Fishman.gif
    oooo....looks like i forgot to have the GIF loop. Oops!

25. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Could it be the half orcs are done?? I don't want to ruin it....but maybe!

JBR-games, Acissathar and Crystabel like this.
  26. Crystabel

Crystabel

cool!!

27. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

HalfOrc1.gif

Still more to do / check, but the demo scene is coming along. SO MANY WARDROBE OPTIONS TO GO THROUGH!

28. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

29. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Fish Man will be released next, almost certainly. Just waiting on a small fix to the walk backward animation.

00021.jpg 00016.jpg 00014.jpg

JBR-games, UrgeT and Crystabel like this.
  30. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

31. UrgeT

UrgeT

Great looking Fishmen

32. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Some stuff.
    Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 12.37.59 PM.png

Crystabel and Acissathar like this.
  33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Still some more to do, but it's getting much much closer!

halfOrcPreview.jpg

UrgeT, Crystabel and ltw04 like this.
  34. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

These humanoid packs take a lot longer to set up! Getting closer. Here's some female shots using human/elf armor, and the half orc male in the half orc armor.

HalfOrcFemale1.jpg HalfOrcMale1.jpg HalfOrcFemale2.jpg

maxroszell, JBR-games, UrgeT and 3 others like this.
  35. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Soooo close for Half-Orcs. Need to check the latest update in a min.

But, this is coming along too ,and is nearly complete. (UGH. I keep forgetting to loop the gif)

TinKnight1.gif

UrgeT, ltw04, JBR-games and 1 other person like this.
  36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

37. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Metal Ghost Knight is now available! It's an intro price of just $25, as I've had a bunch of new releases, and I don't want to overload the subscribers with back to back releases. The Half-Orcs will be out soon, maybe within days.

Check it out here: http://www.infinitypbr.com/#tinKnights

textureCustomization.jpg 00011.jpg

maxroszell likes this.
  38. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Has anyone noticed this issue with blend shapes?

Testing the Half Orc, I've noticed that in Unity 2018.3 through 2019.2, the blend shape values seem extreme, and therefor they don't really work well together, and body parts poke through when they shouldn't etc. Everything else works just fine.

This appears to be a Unity bug, one which I won't be able to fix. And that's super annoying. Has anyone noticed this, and has it affected you projects w/ my work at all?

--> The good news is that 2018.2 works just fine, and 2019.3 works just fine, so likely 2019.4 LTS will work. And of course 2017.4 LTS.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    JBR-games likes this.
  39. Acissathar

Acissathar

I don't have the images anymore apparently, but I had an issue that sounds somewhat similar back here: [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Most notably, the hips on the humans had some massive poke through and looked very odd. It turned out that (and I never did figure out why it changed) under Quality Settings my Bone Weight was set to 1 Bone. Changing it back to 4 bones (which was the default in 2018.1 projects I tested) fixed the poke through.

JBR-games likes this.
  40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Unfortunately looks like it's already at 4 bones by default :/

2018.3.0f2 (which I use for making photos right now) doesn't have the issue though, so something must have changed between that and the latest 2018.3. Hmmm.

This is the effect. The face is also funky, as the shapes all seem to be exaggerated. I'm sure they can modified to be less drastic, so it's not the end of the world, but the default ranges I'm setting to keep the face/body within normal proportions will need to be modified for these versions.
    Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.05.57 PM.png

41. JBR-games

JBR-games

Im unsure if there is any relation but the now depricated MCS characters lost blend shape functionality after 2018.2 ,i believe. Something to do with how Unity serializes vertices now ?

42. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I hope that's not the case! But, it does work in 2019.3, the alpha build...so hopefully what ever the change was, its fixed.

In 5.4 there was an export bug w/ the .sbsar files that caused a lot of headaches for ppl who tried to do the texture customization in that version. Never got fixed, but 5.5 and 5.3 worked.

JBR-games likes this.
  43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

44. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I have to say, I'm reallllly excited about this release.

wardrobe.jpg

JBR-games, Crystabel and Acissathar like this.
  45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Crystabel likes this.
  46. Crystabel

Crystabel

i only noticed the skin coming through the clothing if i attempt to use the child object's blendshape menu. If i blendshape those same areas from the parent the clothing just morphed with it. 2019.2.3
    In these 2 screenshots if i go to the "body" and blendshape, they stick out. If i go from the "elf male demo" everything adjusts. However, from the parent, if i choose 100 or 400 they only go to the 100 and no further, no matter what i type in. Whereas from the 'body' i can make it 400, or 1000 if i want...but it will push out past the clothing. Since my unity experience is almost nil, i just assumed it is because of the hierarchy of the prefabs or how clothing is attached.

Attached Files:

47. Crystabel

Crystabel

Also, quick heads up that extracting the Half Orc Painter file errors out: At 50% if trying to extract the whole file. If i take them separately i can get the male & female, and it is only the armor file and it errors out at 99%.

48. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yeah this is expected -- the Blend Shapes Manager script will modify other shapes as required -- so if you make the shoulders bigger, objects that are on the shoulders will move accordingly.

I'll upload each separately. The armor is the big offender here as it's a 5.5GB file.

JBR-games and Crystabel like this.
  49. Crystabel

Crystabel

I got it. Windows didn't like trying to extract the armor portion of the file, but 7zip was able to get the job done. :)

infinitypbr likes this.
  50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

WIP

In the Forest Dynamic Nature demo scene.

WIP1.jpg

maxroszell and Crystabel like this.