Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

3D [Infinity Series] Works-In-Progress Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by infinitypbr, Jun 2, 2016.

1. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

2. Zarkow

Zarkow

I like the look of the new monster, he is an ugly thing. :)

I'm basically buying all assets as I go along incorporating all I buy in series - and the one cool typical RPG-asset I know is missing is: Skeleton warrior (with ability to use the weapons released in another pack) and optionally use helmet and shield (be able to construct leveled opponents). And if there is also one 'hero'-skeleton (maybe an old king or evil sorcerer, to give it a backstory) that is on fire, able to burn en-masse with texture blending (ala the new demonesse) that would be awesome. :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  3. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

You're in luck! Skeleton is being worked on now.

It'll have an armor wardrobe with it, and a "broken" sword and helmet and shield. It'll of course be able to use other weapons, shields, and helmets from other packs from any publisher. Body armor is more difficult as it has to usually be rigged to work w/ the character, so I'll see how that can go. Since i work with other artists to do animating and modeling, it costs $$ to get body armor rigged to each character. If there's enough demand for it, I may ask them to make the other armor sets work for the skeleton, but no guarantee there, as usually there really isn't much demand for my work, unfortunately -- not enough to justify the cost, as I may not make back that cost for 2-3 years (or in some characters cases, more).

However, it'll be a great skeleton and customizable to as great a degree as I can make it.
    Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 5.06.37 PM.png

Acissathar likes this.
  4. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Skeleton sword & shield

skeletonGear.jpg

JBR-games likes this.
  5. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

3 versions of the skeleton armor.

SkeletonArmor.jpg

6. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

1st Pass Minotaur
    Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 10.31.10 PM.png

7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cobra Snake is *ALMOST* ready..just trying to work out a couple animation issues, blips on the idles.

Elf is *ALMOST* ready... had to fix the male mesh, somehow in the many months of waiting, the male ended up with the wrong UV layout, so we fixed it...but that came with more issues etc. I think it may be about ready...but one more issue to fix.

Half-orcs are being rigged.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

9. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Cobra Snake Pack PBR is now available at InfinityPBR.com! Supporters can download it now at the site :)

StevenPicard likes this.
  10. Astarorr

Astarorr

Hi! Will Elfs and Half-orcs come in same skeleton as Barbarians?

infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  11. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Yes, the plan is to make them work with each other, including the wardrobe, with a morphed version of each available for the others. That's part of the reason they're taking longer than creatures.

JBR-games likes this.
  12. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I think the elf issues have been fixed!! I need to rebuild the male textures now.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.58.35 PM.png

EDIT. Damn. Spoke too soon. Weird artifact under the ears needs to be fixed :(

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 7.20.14 PM.png

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  13. hungrybelome

hungrybelome

Sorry to hear that your assets have not been more lucrative. But at least know that I, and I'm sure many other devs, are very grateful for your incredible work!

JBR-games, Acissathar and infinitypbr like this.
  14. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hopefully it'll work out in the end! I still want to make my RPG, and that's the main driver in all this :D :D :D

Everyone, cross your fingers. I've booked a bunch of new people....

1) Someone to make a wolf, who has some nice animals in their portfolio already. (And it would have fur)

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 9.43.11 AM.png

2) Someone to make a Horse/Pegasus/Unicorn, who has some nice horses in their portfolio already.

3) Someone to texture the Minotaur, who hopefully can do a much better job than I can (and in less time!)

4) Someone to make more Pixar style characters.

.... Now I just need more animators, and a new sound person.

15. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

JBR-games likes this.
  16. JBR-games

JBR-games

So do we still need to download The Book of the Dead to use this asset or is it completely stand-alone?

17. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

For this, it's stand-alone, as the original files are there for demonstration purposes. Also it'd be a hassle for anyone to import the original and this, since the original is so full of custom things that have to be removed and re-worked.

JBR-games likes this.
  18. JBR-games

JBR-games

Perfect ! Little off subject- did you ever convert your texture tool to c# ?

19. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The customization? Nope -- the Substance in Unity plugin threw that one for a wrench. Now I'm including the painter files, which is far better for customization anyway.

JBR-games likes this.
  20. magique

magique

Maybe just my opinion, but I think you would get a lot more sales if your prices were lower. The amount and quality of your content is certainly worth the price, but for Indie developers it's still a big hit to buy a single pack from you. I really love your work, but have purchased far less than I would like due to cost being so much.

StevenPicard likes this.
  21. JBR-games

JBR-games

They are a bit pricey.. But also good quality so i feel they are worth the price.. As you said.
    My advice to anyone interested is to subscribe, on hos website i think you get them for only like $25 and if you pay $50 you get to select an additional package for free.. Its more than 50% savings. I own most of his packages now doing that...

22. Zarkow

Zarkow

Don't lower the price, the only thing that happens is that low-effort projects will push out games using them and the assets uniqueness is diluted. I.e. I cannot make a game with assets that hundreds of other [low-effort] games in the same genre is using, it will then be judged as the same quality.

23. magique

magique

First of all, the assets are so customizable that you can make yours unique no matter how many people have them. Second, if you're competing against low-effort projects then you already have a problem. No offense intended.

24. Acissathar

Acissathar

While everyone is talking about prices, I will say that if there's ever a crazy firesale like 50% I'll buy everything I'm missing in a heartbeat.

One thing I noticed on infinitypbr.com is that the Armor Pack #1 (the currently unrigged one) link doesn't link to its own page, but just pack to the infinitypbr homepage.

infinitypbr likes this.
  25. magique

magique

This is what I mean. If regular prices were 50% less than these assets would go like wildfire.

26. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

The discussion on pricing is helpful :)

In the past I had lowered the price of a package without saying anything, and saw no increase in sales. This was a couple years ago, the Mushroom Monster Pack PBR, down to $29. That only gets one sale every 1-3 months anyway, but still, no change.

I'm in this to make stuff I want for my own RPG that I still want to make...have just been waiting on the humanoids! The main goal is to break even. Dragons and Humans have done well, and been carrying the rest. The reality is that most of what I release won't make its money back (not including the time I spend), for 2-3 years. That's fine, in the end.

If I felt that I could get 2x sales if the price was 50%, I'd do that...but I don't think that'd happen. Hell, if I could get 10x the sales at 10% of the price, I'd do that :D

I have a feeling that you'd be right for a short while -- like during the last Unity sale, things sold pretty well.

But maybe 6 months later, maybe a year later, I think people would start saying that I should lower my prices. Once a new normal is set, there's always pressure to lower prices.

Acissathar likes this.
  27. Acissathar

Acissathar

I get what you mean about just generically lower prices. I'm sure someone might mention something about a Mushroom monster not relevant for all games, but I've seen some quality PBR creatures that are a much more common type, going for around $30 and having no reviews. Granted no reviews doesn't necessarily mean no or low sales, but I think it's a fair assumption that the volume moved is low.

Selling the assets you use for a game is a cool concept, and given the crazy customization I think it's a good one. I'm also biased because I like the stuff, so if it keeps them coming, more power to you :)

As an outsider, I can't say that 50% lower baseline would make me take the dive in. It might for some, and it might be something else completely.

As an established customer though, I can say a 50% sale would make me jump in. Essentially getting 2 creatures for the price of 1 is a big motivator for me.

So if you ever do that, make sure you scream it from the mountain tops so I know I can get in on it :)

magique, infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  28. Zarkow

Zarkow

If a project cannot afford these assets at their normal price, then they are most likely low-effort projects.

infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  29. psistalk

psistalk

I agree.... I have a good amount of these and will continue to buy more in the future.

Zarkow, infinitypbr and JBR-games like this.
  30. Acissathar

Acissathar

Do know what might be causing the poke through on the humans? I'm seeing it on the legs for full morph, no body, and no body no wardrobe.

My hunch is that it's something related to Unity 2019 as I didn't see this in previous versions, however, I'm not sure where to start on fixing it.

31. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Hmm. Try turning off the animation compression -- not sure if that will have an impact, but I've notice it fix other weird issues before.

Acissathar likes this.
  32. Acissathar

Acissathar

Pointed me in the right direction! Under the model tab, it looks like something changed:

The default fix now isn't actually fixing it, but I'll play with it some more tonight + tomorrow and maybe ask in the 2019 beta forum to see what exactly is different. Worst case I can just roll back the version.

33. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

This is good info. Man I hope they didn’t break my models!!

34. Acissathar

Acissathar

From what I can tell, it might be a regression. Exact same import settings (including that warning message) in 2019 and 2018.3, but there is no poke through and blendshapes work as you would expect in 2018.3.

Going to submit a bug report to Unity to see what their take is on it.

35. magique

magique

Low budget does not equate to low-effort. Your position is a logical fallacy of equivocation.

36. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I agree that low budget doesn't mean low effort.

I also agree that for someone who is planning on making a game that sells, $25 vs $50 for a character shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I have a sneaky sense that many customers on the asset store are not planning on selling their games.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  37. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I noticed your site was off-line. Hopefully you can get that going soon. I was going to download some of my purchases.

38. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This is very true.

My Personal Dramatizations

Version 1:
    • While playng Skyrim\Call of Duty\Favorite Game: Tell your friends: "I can do better than this!"
    • Download Unity
    • Download some free assets and then complain that all the nice assets cost money. How dare the authors charge money!
    • Maybe buy a couple assets.
    • Wonder why their game is not automatically being made. Programming, art and effort should not be necessary!
    • Close Unity. Buy a new game. Play that. Pretend you never tried making a game.

Version 2:
    • Have a couple ideas for a game that's just like your favorite game.
    • Post on the forum: I have a game idea that I think will be really cool. It's kind of like [Favorite Game] but my idea is better.
    • I just need a programmer, artist, musician, etc. to do all the work. But my idea is worth it. (optional: offer those doing the actual work that they can share in the profits when it's done.)

Zarkow and infinitypbr like this.
  39. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Damn ,I had not noticed that. On live chat with support right now.

40. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Looks like my web host upgraded to PHP 7. I'm going through my scripts and hoping that I update it all correctly the first time.... this part of the gig is not something I enjoy!

41. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Sorry about that. Downloads should work now -- still working on other aspects of the site, but the Downloads should be working.

StevenPicard likes this.
  42. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Thanks!

43. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'm fairly confident the Elf will be ready soon. Just need to re-write the "Equip Character" script in C# and record the demo scene, create cool images. that last bit also serves as a final check on things.

They're pretty cool. Great animations, and the ability to wear the human wardrobe, blend shaped and all!

Acissathar likes this.
  44. Acissathar

Acissathar

Is there a way to check what payment method is tied to the subscription? I think it's tied to an old card of mine that got replaced, but not sure where to verify.

It also looks like the update profile button doesn't work.

45. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I'll probably need to update the code on that -- I didn't get to all the pages the other night.

I may also need to add a function to replace the card on file. It's all stored/handled by Stripe, -- right now if the card is declined, you of course won't be charged, and you'll get an email notice. When you come in to update the card, you'd be charged, get access to the latest pack, and be all set.

Acissathar likes this.
  46. Acissathar

Acissathar

Sounds good!
    Sounds good, looking forward to resubscribing and changing from my ancient email.

One last thing, the package registration message is off. I just registered the BOTD package but the message said "Thanks for registering the Dungeon+ Pack"

47. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Oh weird. I'll have to look into that too.

48. Acissathar

Acissathar

As an update to my poke through artifacts issue, I discovered the cause after having it start to occur in my 2018.3 downgraded project.

For some unknown reason my Blend Weights in Quality Settings was set to 1 bone. Changing this back to 4 bones removes the artifact issues completely.

So just user error this time :)

49. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Good to know, thanks!!

50. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

Lots going on! To keep things moving along, tonight was a night of checking submissions from artists, so I didn't get work done on the Elves.

But...I'm super happy with a texture artist I've found, as I wasn't happy with my own work on the Minotaur skin. I'll be booking him again for sure!

And...a Troll is finished being modeled too!

minotaurs.jpg

KeithBrown, Enoch, Acissathar and 2 others like this.