Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Inconsistent bounce light with ShaderGraph and Auto Lightmap UV

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by alexvector, May 29, 2020.

1. alexvector

alexvector

Hello,

We have an issue with the intensity of the bounce light when using a shader graph material on a mesh with auto generated lightmap UV. The bounced light from the material with the shadergraph appears darker compared to using URP/Lit.

upload_2020-5-29_13-48-25.png

In the image above, I have created walls from blocks with alternating URP/Lit and ShaderGraph materials. The bottom most wall shows the issue where the bounced light is inconsistent. The wall just above is correct, it has the same alternating materials but uses custom lightmap UV instead.

That is the weird part, the bad behavior seems to happen only with the combination of AutoUV and ShaderGraph.

I have attached a package that shows the issue.

It really affects the lighting in some areas where most of the light comes from bounced light.

Anybody else saw this? Is this a known issue?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This looks like a bug. Could you please report it so that we could investigate? Thanks.

3. alexvector

alexvector

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

I have poked the Shader Graph team about this issue. We'll see how it goes.